front shocks

superfly

front shocks

#1 Post by superfly »

Blew out one of my front arvins shocks (the recalled ones) on my cannibal. I do a lot of jumping and mx style riding what kind of front shocks do you guys suggest? Does anyone have a moto front end laying around that they wanna sell? also where do u suggest buying shocks from, who has the lowest prices?

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

It is all about how much ya want to spend...

I'd talk to Doug about some Houser arms and some TCS shocks wink.gif

CowsBitePeople

#3 Post by CowsBitePeople »

why were they recalled? i have them

superfly

works

#4 Post by superfly »

how would works triple rate w/ reservoir shocks be?

02Cannibal

#5 Post by 02Cannibal »

Hey Cows,

Here is the text from the service bulliten:

The front shocks can break apart internally while riding. If this happens, the shock halves can seperate causing the ATV suspension to fail.

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

the works shocks are ok but they need to be serviced more often than the elka's axis, pep's, etc... definately better than arvins, but not as good as the ones mentioned above. keep your eyes and ears open sometimes you can come across a set of blaze ohlins for a reasonable amount of money.

thomez

#7 Post by thomez »

My very best advice - scour Ebay and EXriders like you have never done before - you will eventually get a good deal on a set of PEP, Axis, or Elkas.

superfly

thanks

#8 Post by superfly »

thanks for the advice, been checkin out for sale forums like crazy. I looked at some Elkas, has anyone on here ran the elka triple rates without the reservoir?

KYmxracer52

#9 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Yeah, the stock Arvins are junk when new. I jumped on mine until I got my Elkas (about a month after the quad was bought). I snapped one of recalled Arvins right before they were recalled. Luckily I got a new set of them to ride on before the Elkas came.

superfly

KYmxracer52

#10 Post by superfly »

KYmxracer52-were did your arvins break apart at?