Lug a Cannibal?

JeffQuadShop

#1 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Exactly!!!

JeffQuadShop

#2 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by Ben
Could I cruise comfortably on it at a low rate of speed without fear of fouling the plug?  I don't care it rev the **** out of it to get it to go, but I don't want to have to feather it or worry about fouling it out.
The only way it will foul a plug is if you cold start it and take off before it comes out of choke mode! Riding slow will NOT foul the plug.

JeffQuadShop

#3 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Yep, on a cold start....it stays in choke mode for 2 minutes. When I was at Cannondal factory they said that alot of dealer make that mistake. Start them to move them around and don't wait that 2 minutes to warm them up, and foul them.

JeffQuadShop

#4 Post by JeffQuadShop »

No, outside temp doesn't have anything to do with it. It's only when you first start the quad up when it been sitting long enough to totally cool down.

JeffQuadShop

#5 Post by JeffQuadShop »

You got it!!!biggrin.gif

86atc250r

#6 Post by 86atc250r »

Actually, intake air temp and coolant temp both figure into the fueling equasion. It's more a progressive scale than simply on/off.

There also appears to be a one time (on or off) cold start injection to help the engine pop off on initial start, the activation temp also appears to be hidden within the operating code of the ECM - however, the amount can be adjusted if you have the proper tools smile.gif.

I have info on the compensation and how many steps there are, wish I had details on the temperature points the compensation occurs at, but that appears to be buried within the operating code of the ECM.

Ryanstones

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

When my 'dale was new I would kill it frequently at low speeds. As she broke in it was no longer any problem. You can't lug it like a lowtech quad, but feathering the clutch is not necessary except in real gnarly technical stuff.
go for it!

wyndzer

#8 Post by wyndzer »

I have never had a problem with my plug fouling. Never once since I got it in February 2002. I have changed it 3 times though just to do it. I use a 9 in mine.

btolenti

#9 Post by btolenti »

who and why did they advise going to an 8 from a 9?