Does anyone else Race their Dales???

Derno24

Does anyone else Race their Dales???

#1 Post by Derno24 »

I was looking at the racing forum and cdrookie and I have that forum pretty much tied up. I was just curious if anyone else was going to post some racing action up there?

I think it is great to read anything about how we do as a community.

If it weren't for my short sightedness cd and I would have 1-2 this weekend. I messed it up so we only got the 1. And yes Brian the 5ft trophy!!!tongue.gif

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

Lord willing, I'll be running an XC race this weekend. You guys start working on getting those planets aligned for me! I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I ran a couple XC's last year, but was slack and never threw together much info about them. This is the 2nd of 7 in a VA series that I hope to race the rest of.

Anyway, I spend too much time reading everybody else's post's to get in many of my own!

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

Derno I have plans to race as soon as school is over. I am hoping to make the drive and catch some D6 action with you guys, seems like you always have a great time. I live in D5 and I don't think they have their act together like you guys do. I guess we will see how slow I actually am at Jay's place. Hopefully I will learn some tricks and improve as I go. I'd like to think I am quick in the woods on the Wolverine but I have a lot to learn on the 'Dale still. I might even run a race on the Wolverine one time, just to see how I compare to that ole' man Penland. smile.gif

jesshamner has put in a few races but I think he might be to shy to show off his ability. In the local series I know he has a 1st and a 6th place finish in the B class.

Don't forget Farrar and UsaMoto00 doing the MX thing. Thunderwolf and ABM-Cannibal (?) in the southwest.

I am sure there are some I'm forgetting.

thunderwolf

#4 Post by thunderwolf »

Where is laptraffic? I want to read more race stories from him! Don't get me wrong, I like reading the others too, but Laps stories just threw you out there in the corner with mud in your face coming up to the next corner wiping your goggles off.

cdaledave89

#5 Post by cdaledave89 »

Originally posted by thomez
I live in D5 and I don't think they have their act together like you guys do.
Whoa Thomez!! I think you're mistaking D12 (Northern Ohio) with D5 (Western PA). D5 DEFINITELY has its act together. There were 63 quads at a harescrambles race a few weeks ago.

I guess I'll have to start posting some race reports too. Next one is April 18th.

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

Ahhhhh yes I had the numbers messed up. I guess I am in D12 where nothing goes on, and D5 is western PA. I was thinking of trying to run some of those and maybe visit Derno and rookie for some D6 action. I have to see just how slow I am in comparison at Jay's group ride first. sad.gif

Post some race reports I want to see how far these places are from home so I know what to plan on racing when I get home! Oh, and they are great reads too! biggrin.gif

cdrookie

#7 Post by cdrookie »

Nrath- we can't align planets but we can move ma nature, to tenn, with derno. he's a black cloud! get some pics to go with the report.

thomez- we'll get you up to tower city to hone your skills. i don't think it matters which district you're in. it's the promoters that have the biggest impact. the scoring at FoT was all messed up, they used one piece of paper and one barrel to score everybody! they listened to us and got it worked out quickly. i applaud them and look forward to racing there again.smile.gif

thunderwolf- i liked laptraffic's reports also. probably have to go over to bluetraxx or yfzcentral to read anymore though.

ppogue

laptraffic

#8 Post by ppogue »

I will see what I can do to get lap to post his race stories over here. He is now fully gone to the dark side "2 YFZs", so, it might be tough. Although I did fly bye him at the goldendale WORCS, so he might be re-thinking his decision.

Wish me luck!

Psychosis

#9 Post by Psychosis »

I was supposed to be racing 3 different events this weekend. MX Friday night, TT Saturday afternoon, and another MX on Sunday. Doesn't look to be happening though. I can't race until I get some new tie rod ends and every place I've called has said minimum of one to two weeks.

ANYONE HAVE ANY TIE ROD ENDS THEY CAN SEND OUT AND GET TO ME BEFORE FRIDAY??!!

TheJaspMan

#10 Post by TheJaspMan »

I am racing at the new MX track in Maysville that Chris Earlywine runs. Unless someone from here shoes up I will probably be the only Cdale.

My brother-in-law will be in the same class on his YFZ and our other teammate on his Predator.

My wife will be in the unlimited womans class.