Durablue axle question

CowsBitePeople

Durablue axle question

#1 Post by CowsBitePeople »

Im buyin a durablue 2+2 axle from thomez:D , will my stock sprocket hub and everything else fit onto the axle??thanks alot

Matt....

quadpoor

#2 Post by quadpoor »

The sprocket should it will on the lsr everything else will. Man zack you can move some parts, I heard about that axle last night and its already sold.

CowsBitePeople

#3 Post by CowsBitePeople »

how do i take off the sprocket hub from the stock axle?, Zack is an awsome person to deal with:clap:

CdaleRacer0128

#4 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

pretty sure you take it and press it inwards then slide the c clip out with a screw driver ( more like pry it out) then slide the hub off, thats how mine came off anyway, but it was stripped out..you may need to use a presss, or just buy a sprocket hub for them, they should make em for their x-33 axle

Brad77

#5 Post by Brad77 »

I have a durablue and all the stock stuff worked on it.

I got my hub off just like CdaleRacer0128 did. Gently tapped it towards the center of the axle with a rubber hammer and removed the clip. Then worked it off the axle. Mine came off just fine without using a press and at the time the quad was only about a month and a half old with about 10 hours on it.

I will say that I did have one problem after I installed it. I could not keep the axle lock nut tight. It would come loose about about 10 minutes of ride time. So I bought a LSR lock nut and haven't had any problems since.

USAMoto00

#6 Post by USAMoto00 »

Well aren't you cool Brad!tongue.gif lol So, what Nat. are you going to next bud?:usa

Brad77

#7 Post by Brad77 »

Ok Brian, rolleyes.gif

I don't think I will be going to any more nationals this year. Not enough time or money. I guess I will just stick to what local races I can make and see how that comes out.rolleyes.gif

USAMoto00

#8 Post by USAMoto00 »

That's cool. Be safe and good luck. Keep an eye on those terminal screws!tongue.gif smile.gif Later.

CowsBitePeople

#9 Post by CowsBitePeople »

whats a terminal screw? anyways, i got the clip off the sprocket hub which way does it come off towards the wheel hub? or torwards the inside then off the side the rotor hub comes off, mine wont come off, grrrrrr

USAMoto00

#10 Post by USAMoto00 »

A rubber mallet or a mallet and a piece of wood and slowly work it towards the wheel hub side's. It may be on tight, but that's a good thing. Take your time and they'll come off.