cannondale pics

yamblaster200

cannondale pics

#1 Post by yamblaster200 »

i dont know how many of you remember this or not but when cannondale first decided to make atv's they didn't look anything like they do now. I remember seeing it in dirtwheels mabe about 1 or 2 years b4 the fx400 came out...and the plastic and everything looked totally different. Now i can't seem to find any pictures of what it originally looked like. If anyone has any could they please post them...thanx.

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

This is the earliest picture I know of.

Pro400EXC

#3 Post by Pro400EXC »

IMO, i think bay far those were the sexiest looking Dale ever,heck Sexiest quad ever,well maybe tied w/ the VOR 503/Roll quad....

Brad77

#4 Post by Brad77 »

Cool pic ******,

This is the ealiest version I remember seeing. Different side covers, and those headlights......

Well, just call it Bug Eyed Joe.

yamblaster200

#5 Post by yamblaster200 »

i could've sworn that the original had a totally different look to it...but like i said...i saw it like 5 yrs ago or so. had a pic of it in dirtwheels, and i just blew it off like "yeah, cannondale making quads, that'll be the day". Just like the gas gas they were showing for like 6 yrs and nothing ever came of it. At the time the best hope was the husaburg quads, and they even fell through. But when they did get a prototype it looked like it does now...but i believe it was black. But I'm pretty sure the original had a different light setup at least. I'll search through all my old mags and see if i can find it.

4strokemadman

#6 Post by 4strokemadman »

Here you go....

4strokemadman

#7 Post by 4strokemadman »

Another one....
This is the original prototype. I have another pic of this same machine after the nice plastic came off and it was being ride tested. I'll see if I can find it....

4strokemadman

#8 Post by 4strokemadman »

Here is one of the first nights it ran.... funny to see the differences between the pretty show piece and the running model...

Ryanstones

#9 Post by Ryanstones »

Thanks for the Pics Madman! I always appreciate your contributions.

You've got your plane tickets for the group ride 5/6-9 don't ya? Please let any former coworkers know about the event. We'd love to have some of you people show up and see how fast your creations are now.

sooo darn close....

NRath

Yeah, that's really cool!!

#10 Post by NRath »

Thanks for chiming in Madman. It's really cool to see pics like that! Got any more you can dig up? Looks like the air filter wasn't in the front on that one. And it had an external rezzy for engine oil? Was this before it went into the frame?

JayBr and I were just talking about you coming to the Frog Stomp- weren't sure which side of the country you were on. Looks like Scooter may be coming! Hopefully you can work it out, too.