It worked

wistech

It worked

#1 Post by wistech »

Well as most of you know my favorite hobby is reengineering bad designs and doing it as cheap as possible. Well I just got a new toy and had a couple hours to kill this afternoon. I set up my drill press with a cross slide vise and picked up a small millng bit . I had to try it out so I figured Id try to build a new end cap for my damaged moto exhaust. First I turned a block of billet aluminum down on my minilathe and then cut the screw slots out with the end mill. It turned out pretty good and cheaper than a new cap.
Do you think I should leave the cap in a rough cut surface or polish it to a mirror finish? Im leaning towards polish.:hammer:

Brad77

#2 Post by Brad77 »

:clap: :clap:

That looks awesome !!

Polish it.....Gotta have Bling.

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

Wistech,

Wanna get into business making FT endcaps? We might need some for our next design :deal:

That looks great smile.gif

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

What kind do you need regular or adjustable . Heres a pic of my disc system end caps I made years ago. They were fully tunable but had lots of stainless washers to deal with spacing the discs. I could build some for ya but I think my little lathe would have a meltdown if I pressed it into production work. LOL biggrin.gif

USAMoto00

#5 Post by USAMoto00 »

Very nice work. It's better than stock because you made it. "Handmade in the USA" hard at work.:clap: :wow

J. Delaney

#6 Post by J. Delaney »

Polish that there new end cap!! IT's ALL ABOUT THE BLING-BLING BABY!!:head:

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

You win but now I have a big problem. I have to make the rest of the quad match the end cap AAHHHH!!!!! :mad:

I do like the Handmade in the USA comment . Thanks :usa

ppogue

NICE!

#8 Post by ppogue »

That is awesome! Make some end caps for the Thomez Exhaust please! Put me down for one!

USAMoto00

#9 Post by USAMoto00 »

That looks awesome!:clap: And like I said earlier, you made it.:wow Nice work.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

If you really want one Im sure I could custom build it to your own specs. I have lots of ideas on different ideas like one with a cannondale logo milled into the end or one with custom etching, or one with no visible bolts. You have to realize there is a lot of time involved it making these so these would be for someone who wants the personal touch that stands out and would be willing to pay a little extra for it. I can custom build just about anything so if you have any ideas feel free to throw them my way.