this is it

michigan_rider

this is it

#1 Post by michigan_rider »

i need a few words from you guys on buying a cannondale or not. There one for sale right by me and i need to know if it is good buying it. If the engine blows, where do i get the parts sad.gif those things scare me away from buying it. Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

travis

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

3 questions will really help....

1) Do you like/mind working on quads? If you like a non-maintence type quad (400ex) then don't go here. Anything you do you will require some work. Heck, changing the plug will take you a half an hour.

2) What year is it?

3) Does it have any/all of the updates done?

Sean

michigan_rider

#3 Post by michigan_rider »

its a 2002 cannibal in excellent condition. It has the new engine that was put in when they were having problems when they first put them out. Also has a hydrolic clutch.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

What about the other 2 questions?

michigan_rider

#5 Post by michigan_rider »

i dont mind working on quads, but i would rather be riding:)
what type of updates are you talking about?

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

There are a few important updates that need to be done to all the quads. The most important is the stud/stage 8 update. I did the stage 8 since it covers more of the bolts. There is also a motor mounts update, oil line update, yada yada yada. Check this out....

service bulletins
stage 8

There are people that have had great luck with their dale and those that have horrible luck with their dale. I have an 02 dale with updates that is running like a charm. From what you said it is a later model engine, chances are it will need crank work at some point. No telling when that will be. You can use that as a buying point with the seller. Bearing issues is what will get ya on the crank, 600 bucks to fix or 750 for a new crank. I would go with the 750 since it is completely rebuildable.

I am just throwing out there the could be's. This dale may run great for years, much of the reliablitly lies on the owners shoulders. Usages, maintainance, etc......

michigan_rider

#7 Post by michigan_rider »

how much would i have in all that?

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Updates dont cost much ,its just a matter of getting them done. I never actually purchased any update kits persay (made my own easy) so I dont know how much they cost now that they are available.

michigan_rider

#9 Post by michigan_rider »

hmm... im not a great mechanic sad.gif All that seems like it's way over my head. Maybe getting a dale isnt the thing for me:confused:

michigan_rider

#10 Post by michigan_rider »

happy boy, where do you buy new cranks?