Crazy talk and rumors

wistech

Crazy talk and rumors

#1 Post by wistech »

I would like everyone to list all the wierd and strange things you hear nondalers say about the Cannondale . Heres some of the things I heard. List the most common questions they ask to.

"Ya they use special bolts so only the dealer can work on them."

"harley davidson is going to buy them and stick a v twin in it"

The most common question.."How do you like it?"

"here comes that coffee can full of bolts"

"good luck getting parts for it"

"geez is it supposed to sound like that"

There was a rumor that honda bought the rights to build the alloy frame because they couldnt get one to work.

Months after atk bought the parts I still hear the old Rad To Go is buying Cannondale rumor

sillysspeed

#2 Post by sillysspeed »

what is that thing?

why is it so much faster than my quad?

where can I get one? :usa

USAMoto00

#3 Post by USAMoto00 »

Is that supposed to sound that way?
How's that work with the gears on the other side?
Your exhaust is on the wrong side.
When is your Cannonbomb gonna blow up? (As I show up EVERY race to see this guy operating the start mechanism)
Is that a Harley?
I've never seen that before, which Jap bike is that?
What happens if you break it? They don't make them anymore.
Why don't you sell it and buy a real bike? (right before I open a can of Whoop *** and smoke 'em)
That looks really heavy.

If I think of anymore, I'll add to it.:usa

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

Is that the new Honda? (Heard that quite a few times before it came out.)

They sure sound different.

And my favorite ---- Sell it now before it's too late.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

After the GNCC Saturday, some guy at McDonald's asked me if it was a polaris. I told him it was a Cannondale. He had no clue what I was talking about. He hadn't even heard of the bicycles. rolleyes.gif I love the attention that these things get.

At my first race on the cdale, a guy on a banshee asked me if I knew that the stopped making them. This was Nov. 1st of last year. Then his friend asked me if the stock holeshots were the right tire for the xc race. I know it was muddy but I'm not going to throw swampers on a sport quad. If it wasn't for a bent rim that caused me to have a flat, I would have killed both of them in that race.

Psychosis

#6 Post by Psychosis »

That reminds me. I stopped at a gas station outside Evansville, IN on the way back from Sparta on Sunday and I actually had somebody who knew what it was. He walked over from his truck and asked if it was a Cannondale. Said yes and after him saying he used to have one, loved it, and sold it, he left. Still a rare occasion to find people around me who actually know what it is.

cdrookie

#7 Post by cdrookie »

i've been to numerous cycle shops and people behind the counter ask, who makes that? i say cannondale. they said they never heard of them! and apparently, hardly anyone knows they went bankrupt.

TheJaspMan

#8 Post by TheJaspMan »

"You may want to shut it off. I think there is something loose inside."

KYmxracer52

#9 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I've had people ask me what brand it is. I'll reply with, "It's a Cannondale." Then they say, "Well who makes that kind?" Then I tell them it's a Cannondale. And it takes a while for it to sink in that its made by Cannondale.

TheJaspMan

#10 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by KYmxracer52
I've had people ask me what brand it is.  I'll reply with, "It's a Cannondale."  Then they say, "Well who makes that kind?"  Then I tell them it's a Cannondale.  And it takes a while for it to sink in that its made by Cannondale.

"Who's on first?"