Engine failure Polls

cannondale27

Engine failure Polls

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

I hate to start this one now since everyone is in such a upbeat mood from the spring ride.But some arent.There were some crank failures at the ride along with one that was brought in.Now we need to find out why and whether more are to come.This is one of reasons I posted this post at Cannondaler http://forums.cannondaler.com/viewtopic.php?t=4673
From what I know there were three types of cranks that Winky offers.

1)The full job with thrust washers,balanced and a real Carrilo or falicon rod.

2)03 stock crank with 02 fake carillo rod

3)03 stock crank cleaned.

There are also other cranks such as stock,ATK,Southbay.

If your crank failed be specific as to which one you had and how long it lasted along with anything else you can add.These forums are for posting problems with the hope we can solve them.It shouldnt matter who was involved in the problem.If you paid for a product and it failed or may have been cause of failure.Post it please.It may save one of your fellow Dalers from a problem or folks here may be able to solve the problem.

Please stick to this form:

What type 1,2,3,ATK,Southbay,Stock,other?

Still Running fine?

How many hours?

Any other problems found?

Was breakin followed?

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

should make it able to vote more than once..most people who had their winky cranks fail have had stock ones too!ohmy.gif

thunderwolf

#3 Post by thunderwolf »

I have the stock crank and haven't had any problems with it. I did have problems in the beginning with the scavenger pump gears, but that was covered under warranty. I haven't had any problems since.
I did break it in per the owners manual to the T. It hasn't been babied at all. I raced it at the Havasu event for 1 hour straight and rode it as hard as I could. I consider myself a pretty aggressive rider. The way I rode at the socal dale event is the way I ride all the time WFO.

MotoX_Racer07

stock

#4 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

Mine is completely stock and still running, only probs I've had were mapping but I'm all hooked up now

DangerRanger

#5 Post by DangerRanger »

Stock quad-updates, zero failure
Second one stock- zero failure
Third-Winky full treatment...Awesome and zero failure
Fourth- Will be receiving Winky treatment too

EDIT

NRath

#6 Post by NRath »

I have an '02 cable clutch with around 100 hours that is still running strong- no crank problems.

I also have an '03 engine with about 10 hours that I just built, so far so good. Wouldn't really expect a problem to show up in that one, yet.

Edit: I'm sorry, Daddy...wink.gif

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

Please keep all personal comments to yourself. This thread is about your engine, not your buddies, not one your hear about, but YOU'RE OWN ENGINE!!

If you have had problems, post about them here. Please put alittle history, as well as list of problems. Only FACTS PLEASE!!!

Example: Joe Blow
2002 Cannibal.
Rode approx. 50 hours and engine failed:
Sent to Jay Racing for full rebuild: result, 5 laps and my blue crank locked up, in turn causing my piston to hit my valves. Etc. Etc.

I never change my oil, and never installed stage 8. Actually didn't run antifreeze, just plain old swamp water.

wanablaze

#8 Post by wanablaze »

rotfl

Josh Z
-03 moto, stock crank
-XMX map (advanced timing?) and airbox
-Factory stud update? (no updates done...haven't showed up yet)
-Not sure as to how many hours anymore, but those that have seen my stock tires know it has a few.

JerJer24

#9 Post by JerJer24 »

I have been runnin ght stock crank and havent had any problems my motor is at SBM getting a big bore kit and the only thing they found wrong was a cracked flywheel.

bknight

#10 Post by bknight »

david n
2003 glamis
factory updated stock crank
no problems not yet maybe 25hr best i can tell