Failures poll other problems

cannondale27

Failures poll other problems

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

This is where you put problems found at failure.

pdavis

#2 Post by pdavis »

broken decompression lever and cams

MotoX_Racer07

Engine

#3 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

My engine is completely stock, its an 02 Cannibal and was built in feb 02. No problems to date just with mapping is all (lil wink set me up though). I have a Cast case with hydro clutch. Anyone else see more of these? I know of two. All others are Semi Solid metallic cases (SSM) with hydro clutch. These cases are basically junk and seem to crack very easily. So far still good, put a good 2 hours on it today and not even a hicup.

jfarrar

#4 Post by jfarrar »

southbay stage 4 440.had the ti valves tighten up prematurly a couple times and since have discarded them.back to the stainless so far so good.broke a wrist pin to.wiping out pretty much everything in the motor.now i got a wiseco 450 , southbay head with stock valves, stock crank

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

Motoracer, do the stage 8!!! I have a friend that just bought a roller with a locked motor(02 with hyd clutch) and guess what. A bolt backed out and got jacked around in there. Damaged a couple of sprockets but that looks to be about it. His build date was 2/28/02. I have an 02 built about 2/8/02 no hyd clutch and a couple of bolts that i could turn by hand. Did the stage 8 and its good to go. Your motor should be good except for 2 items. Bolts backing out and your valve cover is crap. Get that thing cleaned and run evans or engine ice.

blaze#52

#6 Post by blaze#52 »

count me in for two crank shaft failures, both due to excessive side clearence and out of balance, got me a big winkey crank now and tearing up the competition

claas900

#7 Post by claas900 »

..Id like to know more about the excessive side clearence on the cranks?..I have a new ATK crank running right now,but have heard they also have the same side clearence issues as well...had i know that i would have not bought it...

claas900

#8 Post by claas900 »

..I do want to vote,but i can only cheak one at a time..I have a list..lol..
...stock liner went out 35 hours or so..Decomp on cam went out same time stock crank went out...about 50 or 60 hours..

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Do one vote for each problem.Thanks

danyeo

#10 Post by danyeo »

Originally posted by pdavis
broken decompression lever and cams

I had the same exact thing happen to me. Decompression lever broke taking out the head. I needed a new head, cams, and scavenger pump. All the while i thought the oil that was puking from my air box was just because i didn't have the oil vent update done, boy was i wrong. I have the stage 8, motor mount, and vent hose updates done. I have about 40 hours of ride time since and no issues since, except for a dead battery. I hope it doesn't give me any major issues as i can't afford them right now.