Engine/Chassis dimensions

Baart

Engine/Chassis dimensions

#1 Post by Baart »

Hey,

I was interested in finding out some dimensions of non-cannondale quads interms of the size of the engine or the space available to place an engine in the frame. I was thinking about placing a motor that is 17X17X17 inches or possibly even one that is 17hX17lX22w. Hopefully there is something out there that will fit this motor. The smaller one is a 650cc so I think maybe a Raptor chassis. Anyway I would appreciate any information. Also on a sidenote, does anyone know the weight of any ATV engines, just so I can compare. I think this 650 is supposed to weigh about 80lbs. Thanks again.

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

wait you want to put the dale motor in another quad;s frame? why would you wanna do that, this frame is the best of the best out there, now take another motor n put it in our frame makes sense..

Baart

#3 Post by Baart »

Oh no. I am keeping my speed as is for now. I am thinking of a custom project quad on the side, and I already know the engines I have in mind can't squeeze into a dale frame unfortunately. I might not find a frame that will fit the motor so I am just trying to get some input before I try getting a frame and trying to chop or mod it to fit a motor.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Well I know for a fact a 500 quadzilla motor fits a 250r frame real easily just headstay and the front mount slightly changed with spacers for 250r swingarm.Stick one of those in a Dale frame!They are counterbalanced also.

Baart

#5 Post by Baart »

That would be cool. Not sure I want to tear my dale apart to do that though. Now if I aquired another dale frame that would be great, or if my motor was totally thrashed. I would like see that ATK 700 2-stroke in a dale. If I could the motor I have in mind into a quad it may be a first. Could be a real problem interms of transmission/drivetrain though. Something may have to be custom made to get the power to the rear wheels. It would be a 650 ideally and should have more power than a stock Raptor, DS650 or quadracer. I think its like 75hp at the crank. I think that is low though as I have seen other manufacturers numbers. I know there is at least one out there that makes around 90-100hp, but I am not sure of the dimensions.

jfarrar

#6 Post by jfarrar »

guys i think he is looking for a chassis that will fit a motor that he already has with the dimensions he gave us.not a motor for the dale.i have a banshee frame in the garage ill check that for ya when i go out.