hard to start after stall

Happyboy

hard to start after stall

#1 Post by Happyboy »

Anyone else had this problem? We were running hairscramble trails this last weekend and when I would stall it or sometimes shut it off I would have to wait a good 20 seconds before it would run again. It would just crank away and I would have to just give it a few more seconds then it would start. It has done this before but I figured it was just tempermental. Now it pissed me off since I am looking at begining racing in the next couple of months. That would really suck to be racing TT and stall out and not be able to get it running again. GRRRRR.....

Any ideas?

timbomoose

#2 Post by timbomoose »

If you have a d&m kit might want to reset throttle pos. After time cable gets stretched and worn in and throttle pos. needs reset also if you're on the rich side might want to lean it out a little.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

I actually just redid the throttle about 2 weeks ago and the plug is a nice golden brown.

Ryanstones

vaporlock?

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

are your fuel lines running over the top of the motor? That has caused some problems in the past.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#5 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Mine does the same thing. When you do stall, turn the key to off and then back to on, let the fuel prime and then crank it. It might start a little easier.

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

I have the fuel line along side of the motor instead of over it. I did turn the key off and back on and reprime and it still took forever.