eBay Ethics Poll

TheJaspMan

eBay Ethics Poll

#1 Post by TheJaspMan »

For anyone who will respond honestly I would like to post a poll about how you handle eBay auctions.

In the past and recently I recognized a name or login of the high bidder on something 'wanted' not 'needed'. I didn't bid out of personal respect from this site. I feel it wrongly boosts the price of something that the other bidder may 'need'.

What are your feelings?

garysol1

#2 Post by garysol1 »

I sure would unless I knew the other member really needed it. I dont consider Ebay a first come first served type of deal. I bet I may have done it in the past with out even realizing it.

speed2424

Needed

#3 Post by speed2424 »

I too only bid if I really need it.smile.gif

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

I won't bid against most of the site members, but there are a few I'll outbid even if I don't want the item:p

Haydug, Ryanstones, JCV, and especially Thomez.

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

I usually just bid on stuff I need. I wouldn't make a competition out of it but I would bid higher if necessary.

Psychosis

#6 Post by Psychosis »

I'll bid b/c I usually don't notice or even look at the bidder. I just try and win it but usually what I'm after is a part I need immediately. If I've heard somebody say they need one quick or something and I don't really then I'll usually pass. I did this a few weeks back actually. A subframe bolt stripped but I rigged something up for short term and some came on Ebay. Don't recall the member but someone wanted them b/c they lost a couple of something so I passed and bought the next set around.

TheJaspMan

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

I find the responses interesting. I mean there are really only a handful of non-lurking posters on this site. In fact I'll bet most of us could name at least 20 daily users. And out of those 20, ten are freinds with other Cdale owners close to their own home.

I have sent at least three PMs to diffrent people here asking if what they were bidding on was something they needed prior to my bidding. And in the end I never even bid anyways. I saw no sense in raising the price of something a 'forum friend' wanted.

I guess I simply have a diffrent creedo: Someone I knew saw it first. Let them take it.

I don't buy stuff out from under my freinds local. And I wouldn't do it to people here. It's just greedy to me. But I do respect each persons own choice. So no offense ment.

:usa

thunderwolf

#8 Post by thunderwolf »

I do the same as you jaspman. I figure if you saw it first then why should I jack up the price on you.

moto450

#9 Post by moto450 »

i would if i new JVC was bidding on it !!!!!! after what he did to steven,scott &myself jim if u see this u know what i'm talking bout !no B.S here!!!!!!!!!!

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

I don't see it as jacking the price up. If you were in contact with the other person and new what their limit was on the bid then it would be a different story. They might not be willing to outbid other people so you loose out. If I am on a first name basis with people then no, I would not outbid if I hadn't talked to them. And no, I don't agree with just jacking the price up, that sucks when that happens. Unless its my item that is being sold! smile.gif