rare fx 400 pics

cdalepilot

rare fx 400 pics

#1 Post by cdalepilot »

came across these pics in a old atv mag july 2000 this model i don't believe was mass produced , in the article it said they had lonestar a arms on it and fox shocks front and back.:drink:

cdalepilot

#2 Post by cdalepilot »

one more pic !:drink:

cdalepilot

#3 Post by cdalepilot »

one more . :drink:

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

That is one of the quads they showed at Indy in 99.According to 4strokemadman it is for sale right now.

4strokemadman

#5 Post by 4strokemadman »

No, it is not for sale.... the one for sale was the one that was sold to nickg.

The quad in these photos is in pieces. The frame is in the Cannondale Corporate Headquarters is Bethel, CT. It is pretty trashed as after the show it became a running prototype and was run for a long time. The plastic is at Cycra, the same company who did the new prototype plastic.

I have the original photo shoot pics but they are above the 75KB limit to post (they are between 80-100KB)....

cdalepilot

#6 Post by cdalepilot »

does nickg have the first atv cdale built ? or is the one in the pic the first one built? proto that is , i think thats what i mean .:confused:

4strokemadman

#7 Post by 4strokemadman »

Nick G bought the next generation running prototype. Actually, the one Nick bought I rode for a long time.

The first ATV built is the one you see here in the pictures. It had lone-star a-arms, honda uprights, dura-blue axle, Fox Shocks (which I think Nick has...) etc....

theJeStEr1340

#8 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Can you send me pics too?

xthedarkjesterx@aol.com

4strokemadman

#9 Post by 4strokemadman »

If you follow this link you 'll see a pic of the same quad with blue plastic...

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...47556#post47556

We ended up destroying the swingarm, steering column, cracked the frame, welded on tabs for the oil tank, destroyed that plastic piece on the front bumper...

Nick You don't have the engine from that quad, that engine was form an MX400 dirt bike very very early....

4strokemadman

#10 Post by 4strokemadman »

The first engine that was in the quad was a dummy engine. The first running engine was sent to bedford (still runninng) for evaluation. The third engine was in it when we retired it and it was sent to bedford for evaluation and it never came back. You probobly have the engine from Johnny 5 which was the 2nd machine we built.

The original exhaust on the prototype was a Big Gun Silencer with a custom header. Then it was a silencer from a street bike. I don't ever remember putting a DG silencer on it.....maybe though...