Yamaha Cranks

cannondale27

Yamaha Cranks

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Seems that around here the guys who have modified their YFZ motors are having trouble keeping them together.Bunch of bigend rod bearings have been failing.I know it is evil but I actually enjoyed hearing that one.I got enough heck about mine and missing races.We are not alone.Here is a pic of my buddies.Doesnt look bagged out but it is.Knocks like mad.

protraxrptr17

#2 Post by protraxrptr17 »

I've heard of some failing also. I also know of one that wouldn't run beacause of a warped head. Took the guy forever to figure it out. It would start if he was pulled by another quad but it wouldn't idle. This engine was also modified pretty heavily. He put a brand new head on it and a big bore cylinder so time will tell. Every YFZ I have been around stalls regularly. They just seem real flaky to me. What can I say though, I have an '01 Raptor (original trans) and a Cannondale:eek:

CdaleRacer0128

#3 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

lesson learned from the dale, goes onto the yfz..

DO NOT TOUCH THE MOTOR AND YOU WILL BE OKAY!smile.gif

cdalepilot

#4 Post by cdalepilot »

thats what i'm talkn about 0128 , also my buddy that works at a yamaha dealer said they have gotten five yfz 450's with cracked engine blocks . he didn't say how .:eek:

tjusa

#5 Post by tjusa »

tongue.gif see there its not just c-dales with problems . but there is ten times them quads out there so u dont really pay attention to ten of them being bad . i dont wish bad on anyone BUT!! :w: to all those who make jokes about the dales and ride jap bikes

cannibalq8

#6 Post by cannibalq8 »

I'm also happy but this issue will solve sooner or later coz Yamaha Corp still alive! :cry:

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

What makes me sick though is the entire YFZ crank brand new dealer cost is about $250.

cannibalq8

#8 Post by cannibalq8 »

250!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sad.gif

:cry:

NRath

#9 Post by NRath »

Please note that was dealer cost. What's retail, about $450?

I wish I could say I was sad to see they are failing, but I'm honestly not!

Psychosis

#10 Post by Psychosis »

Well I've already had one crank fail on the C'Dale before and now I hear this w/the Yam's. Makes me glad to now mainly be a Honda rider.