James70214 Walsh C-Dale Photo Album

jbomb

#1 Post by jbomb »

Looks great. Where did you get the front hubs, does anyone else make hubs for the C-dale?

Knight440

#2 Post by Knight440 »

Looks good smile.gif

NTPracing22

#3 Post by NTPracing22 »

hey that thing looks great! what did it start as? (speed, moto...)

NRath

#4 Post by NRath »

The quad looks awesome! Nice pick of parts you have there! Are you going with stock plastic or fitting 250R plastic on it? I vote C'dale!!!

Why did you go with the shorter wheelbase?

Not to jump in, but... the castor would be adjusted by adjusting only one of the upper heim joints. That will pivot the spindle forward or rearward on the lower ball joint. The camber is adjusted by changing both the upper's the same amount. If you adjust them both but unequally, you have also made a castor adjustment. You can make castor and camber adjustments using either the upper or lower heim joints, I just used the upper for the sake of my example.

Those hubs look sharp, but, do you really get any performance benefit from them? Do they use the stock bearings and is the offset any different? I'm gonna check the pics for the tabs that center the wheel, something the stockers are unfortunately missing.

Edit: Also, what kind of rod ends are you using?? That is a sweet project you've got going!! Can I have it when you're done??? Please?!wink.gif

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

I will snap an up close pic for you when i get home.

Great! Thanks! I'm not too impressed with the ones that came stock on mine- they are way too loose for the hours I have. I've heard others say theirs aren't loose, so maybe I just got some bad ones or something. But, I'm skeptical of replacing with the stockers.

As for plastic, all that money to fit plastic is crazy in my eyes! If you want it to look like an R, ride an R. I don't mean that offensively, so I hope no one takes it that way. It's just the way I see it.

dawzie

#6 Post by dawzie »

James, we are ice racing this weekend in Modena at Limbo Lake (www.atvny.com) Walden has a 2 day OP in march weather permitting. Can we be the first to get it dirty ??

dawzie

#7 Post by dawzie »

What are the Harrisburgh dates? Not keeping the Dale ? I just talked to Columbia Motor Sports about Dale. Cannondale is struggling but are fine and going nowhere's but up !!

dawzie

#8 Post by dawzie »

I have the same shocks on mine and I think I got a 8" ride height