Utah RrrockS! part 2

Ryanstones

Utah RrrockS! part 2

#1 Post by Ryanstones »

So we had to move on. the sand Dunes was not the wifes favorite, so next year she gets a hotel and antiqueing $$ while we go bowling. biggrin.gif
This place was a favorite though. Bryce Canyon is AMAZING, BREATHTAKING and AWE INSPIRING. No pic can do it justice. Trust me, you gotta see these National parks. It will change your perspective on Time, Space, History and your place on this planet.

Ryanstones

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

Zion National Park is awesome in a completely different way. You are always looking up at Zion! We had a blast crawling around the canyons and up on the big rocks.
"No mr. ranger, she's only looking at that rock, Our trailer is already 500#'s overweight. "

Ryanstones

#3 Post by Ryanstones »

this is really high! Mountain goat boy had momma more than a little nervous.

Ryanstones

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

We were camped just outside of Bryce N.P. and made the ride over to the rim. Kickass. Suz and i also drove up to the amphitheater viewpoint late on a full moon night. Spectacular....in every possible sense.

We only rode the one day here and it was an adventure. 30 miles out and another fine picnic on top of a small mtn. Don't have a good map and they are sweating it. I have an immaculate sense of direction though, what's the problem? All i'm interested is running this cliffside trail with all the erosion bumps! Finally at the bottom i stop to wait and find my right boot and heelguard are covered with OIL! Crap, 30 miles behind a tow strap.... but no, this oil is red! Amsoil aint red! doh! Some idiot left the rear shock resy line unsecured and it bound on the chain, spewing out all the shock oil. Obviously i was very relieved! LMStupidFAO! We get back to the main forest road and its a straight shot, mostly, back to camp.

Ryanstones

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

the very next day we're to the N. Rim of the grand canyon. Oh baby! and I thought bryce was life changing! the canyon is over a mile deep at this point and the wind was blowing hard enough to strip a chicken! The path to bright angel point is 5-30'wide for 1/2 a mile OMG! Once again, i have hundreds of pics, but there's no four wheelers in em.

Ryanstones

#6 Post by Ryanstones »

There sure were quads at Lizzie and Charlies RV park in Marysvale though! Right in the center of town each of the parks 100 spaces had at least 2 and as many as 8 quads! Located in the center of the Piaute Trail with 1000's of miles of legal trail and road in the gorgeous Fishlake Natl. Forest, this is ATV heaven.
It was the 4th of July and funny thing is, i've never heard so few fireworks! This was THE QUIETEST campground of our whole trip! There was one blast at about 10:30, Scared the p outta the wife, i thought it was a 10ga shotgun. turns out it was these wildmen from Nevada! and a gross of bottle rocket powder. 4 sweet 'dales in their group, with most of the updates too. Said they had been here? Chime in fellas! As with most 'dale riders, absolutely the best, easy going, good men you'd ever want to meet. We talked Cannon's for a long while and Jumpin let em know i'm not really the cannondale expert they thought i was. I just play one on the internet.

Ryanstones

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

I tried a hundred times to capture a sense of the trails on the camera. I'm going to have to go back and try again.
The Aspen groves that start around 8000' really moved me. They are covered with flippin eyes! whoa.

Ryanstones

#8 Post by Ryanstones »

since the cannon was down with a blown shock, i traded up for more power. We met a wonderful couple who really showed us the highlights, thank you for everything robert and rosemary! Also met a super neat couple from vegas. See you next year PotatoJo and Lisa!
The county has preserved some fantastic historic sites with old mining equipment and buildings. You can ride your ATV to all of em too.

Ryanstones

#9 Post by Ryanstones »

Jumpin demonstrated the Dust stirring characteristics of the new SpiderTracs for us all day. grrr

Ryanstones

#10 Post by Ryanstones »

It was fun riding a 4x4, you sure see more of the land going so dang slow! Next year i take 2 Cannondales!