Anyone work for GM or Chevy?

HOUSER CDALE

Anyone work for GM or Chevy?

#1 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

I'am looking at buying a new 2500hd crew cab and was wondering if anyone on the forum works for chevrolet? I know that ford has a discount for there employees that they can give to friends and family. I think it is called x-plan. I was wondering if chevy has the same thing and if someone can help me out! Thanks for the help!

drbowtie

#2 Post by drbowtie »

I am a general manager at a store that is owned by a Chevrolet store!

Kinda sounds like... I knew a guy who once knew a guy who went to school with a guy who had a freind who once...

Hey! My pay chech says ___________ Chevrolet INC. So does that answer your question?

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

As a supplier to GM we get some nice discounts.I will check to see if they can be used by anyone but I dont think so.

acarli3

#4 Post by acarli3 »

My brother is a chevy mechanic and gets the employee discount. He is limited on how many he can purchase and it must be titled in a family members name; it's not transferrable. The discount is impressive and it's almost worth getting a job there for a couple of weeks then quitting just to get the discount.

HOUSER CDALE

#5 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

How much is the discount like 10% right?

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

Houser. You can get the car for the same price as we can. XPLAN for Ford and the GM plan are both just under invoice. The dealerships will give you that same deal if you play them right. All you have to do is say that your buddy gets the GM deal and you want to pay the same. They are still making money off the deal so they are apt to doing it. I know they will, I have done it. It may just be our southern dealers are nice about it or that I am just a smooth talker (he he he) but they will do it. If you want to know what a ford will cost ya send me the info on the vehicle and I can look up what xplan is for it.

Oh yeah, the discounts isn't 10%. It usually something like 4% over FORD or GM employee. Usually comes out a few hundred bucks under invoice. Its a good deal since you don't have to haggle.