Pro Design Kill Switch

jake1981

Pro Design Kill Switch

#1 Post by jake1981 »

Does anybody know the answer to this question? I just bought a Pro Design Kill Switch and would like to hook it up. I haven't tried to hook it up yet but I think I might be able to just hook it up to the two Pingel wires that are in the wiring harness. Any ideas?

Anybody running a ProDesign maybe you can tell me how you hooked it up?

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

You can't hook it up like that. The prodesign uses a different set-up then a pingle switch.

I think the prodesign is an open circuit design where the pingle is a closed circuit design.

Swampdale

#3 Post by Swampdale »

Derno's right. I believe I'm using a switch for an Artic Cat utility. I was in a pinch and the pingle's were hard to get at the time. Ace racing sent me one. Check with Haydug. I bet he has a Pingle in stock.:usa

TheJaspMan

#4 Post by TheJaspMan »

I think pro design also makes a closed circut model now.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

I thought that prodesign made one, but I think they are a special order item though not something readily stocked.

cheetah5431

#6 Post by cheetah5431 »

All I know is do not try and wire it to the coil.sad.gif I was determined to get it to work and it ended up costing me two DNFs and 2 new coils. Go ahead and break down and get the pingel.

TheJaspMan

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

The Pro Design I just got has two wires and hooks to the 'On/Off' switch wires. You replace the big red button.

DangerRanger

#8 Post by DangerRanger »

DO NOT USE A PRODESIGN or you will be replacing electrical demons for a long time. Use only the Pigel design, Normally closed, goes open when pulled.

Jaspman...incorrect.

TheJaspMan

#9 Post by TheJaspMan »

You do realize that Pro Design makes more than one type, correct?

DangerRanger

#10 Post by DangerRanger »

You found the right one? I have only seen a couple in existence, and they were direct from prodesign. post a pic...so others may see the difference, they look nothing like the off-shelf prodesign.

BMW