Anyone interested in a Gulf Coast ride

Swampdale

Anyone interested in a Gulf Coast ride

#1 Post by Swampdale »

There are a few of us that live down in the gulf region. Who would be intersted in a group ride in the early winter in LA, TX or Fl when it's snowing up north.

Ryanstones

shooooot yea!

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

Heck with them yankees! and their peeensilveiney group rides:p

I need about a month to get over this hernia surgery yesterday----um lortab.....good... and to get my 'new' moto back together, but yea, late october, mid november? where at?

Swampdale

#3 Post by Swampdale »

sad.gif Hernia. Be careful with that. I had both barrels done last year. It hurts for a week or so, but takes a few months before getting back in the saddle. We've got some great places to ride near Alexandria. Lots of woods and sand, hundreds of miles of marked trails. We also have an abundance of MX tracks thoughout the entire state. I live near New Orleans but frequent places around the entire state. We have a nice place to ride near the New Orleans Airport too called the Bonnet Carre Spillway. It's 950 Ac co-managed by the Army Corp or Engineers and South La Trail Blazers.

Ryanstones

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

I've heard of alexandria, sounds like a winner. Maybe we can get some of the alabama and texas guys to come.

Does anybody know that guy from ATVConnection: Knowsalot? he's from some dealership in Mississippi. Never seen him post over here. I know he's a fast cannondale rider.

omegas

#5 Post by omegas »

Baton rouge guy here, I'm up for one.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Make it a month or two after the group ride at TJ and I will go.

JeffQuadShop

#7 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Hey Swamp, how close are you too Gulf Shores?

r.porter

#8 Post by r.porter »

I was thinking along the same lines. Only more centralized for everyone. Something like Little Sahara in Oklahoma, should be about equal distance from east or west and north or south. Never been there myself but sounds like a place everyone could have fun.

CDaleChick

#9 Post by CDaleChick »

im up for it as long as the quad decides to run, if its a pretty good drive ill just carpool with someone from this area, i know we have some good tracks down here if most the riders are MXers, but little sahara sounds fun to me

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by Ryanstones
I've heard of alexandria, sounds like a winner. Maybe we can get some of the alabama and texas guys to come.

Oh, but us Arkansas boys can't come. I see how it is. tongue.gif

As for Little Sahara OK, that place rocks! We are heading that way in 3 weeks!!! I love the dunes. If you guy all want to get together you just name a weekend and I will try and make it. If its late October then I prob won't make it. I have the 12 hour ride that last weekend in Oct and then the Notre Dame vs. TN game the next weekend in Knoxville TN. Go IRISH!! :clap: