rob_me686

2 questions..... mineral oil & holeshots

#1 Post by rob_me686 »

hey guys
where can you locally find/buy the sae 10 w hydrolic mineral oil

what local shops would carry it, i know nappa does not have it

any other suggestions?

Oh and another topic

does any1 know how the d-dales whatever model of them, but how they compare against the new 450s that just came out?

id be interested to know how each a cannibal and blaze hold up against one of these new machines...if any1 knows or has any insite to this topic id love to hear your thoughts

thanks again

ROb

Mjollnir

#2 Post by Mjollnir »

There are tons of topics on the dale vs. Honda and YFZ question - just go back a few pages in the lounge.

Marc

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

You can use grocery store mineral oil but it will be sluggish come cold weather. Most quad shops should be able to order the magura blood. If you cant find any Ill send you a bottle.

rob_me686

#4 Post by rob_me686 »

awsome
so just plain on mineral oil WILL WORK
its summer now so cold weather is not a problem
but u know for a fact that plain on mineral oil WILL WORK

cuz im not low on fluid, i just need some to put in a syringe and squeeze it in like they show u in the manual and make sure there are no bubbles comin though the top thing (whatever is inside the master cylinder that floats there)

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Yes I have been using it in my speed for over a year. Magura blood doesnt get so thick in the cold.

rob_me686

#6 Post by rob_me686 »

awsome thats good to know
i'll keep that in mind
b/c mineral oil at a store is a LOT cheaper then a motocycle oil would be!

thans for the reply man
its helped!

ttyl

JST

wistech

#7 Post by JST »

Magura Blood?:wow

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Yep Its the blood of the little know but highly venomous trail weasels. tongue.gif I kid I kid Actually its the brand name of mineral oil magura uses in thier hydraulic clutches. If you want to order a small bottle the part number is 0999999-02 for a 2 ounces bottle. I recomend getting a couple bottles. Trail weasels ....sometimes I crack myself up.

Cdale_racer_669

#9 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i use normal mineral oil in mine and it works great (havent had any experience in cold weather yet) i have a lifetime supply becuase all the store had was a huge bottle of the stuff. probably a quart or so