Anybody ever use a Dynasty 200DX?

protraxrptr17

Anybody ever use a Dynasty 200DX?

#1 Post by protraxrptr17 »

If you know what a Dynasty 200DX is you can hopefully give me an honest opinion. I'm looking into GTAW welders and am interested in this particular model. My local welding supply shop recommended a less expensive Lincoln Precision TIG 185. They said the extra features of the Miller were not worth the extra money(About $1000 more for the Miller). I need extremely beautiful welds. From my research the Miller has the potential for better looking welds than the Lincoln. The Miller has more adjustability and is about one third the weight of the Lincoln also.

I really don't know much about GTAW. I was offered my dream job and to get it I must learn to weld aluminum and stainless perfectly. I must make welds that look like they were done with a machine. I am leaning towards the Miller but if I truly can do the same quality welds with the cheaper welder then I will go that way. I also know that you get what you pay for. My dream job depends on this purchase so feel free to give all opinions or facts on the subject. Thanks.

ducman

#2 Post by ducman »

Practice is all that will make a good looking bead, tig is just a heat source and you have to add the filler and keep the heat adjusted by way of a foot pedal. I have used the Lincoln and it is a fine machine, but the duty cycle is down for everyday comercial use. Lincoln does offer a welding school at there factory in Ceveland, good school it last four days I think but I am not sure of the price. All you really need is practice X10 to get great looking beads. Good luck with the job.:clap: