boy, i know why so many dales get parted out

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

protraxrptr17

#12 Post by protraxrptr17 »

Part of it is the new so-called race ready 450's. That is what everybody wants right now. Prices fell out on all other models after they came out. I look at it like this, it's a buyer's market right now so I'm trying to get all I can dirt cheap. Maybe one day they will go back up and I can sell high. (or that's what I'm trying to convince my wife that I'm doing)

cdalepilot

#13 Post by cdalepilot »

that must be why you don't get paid to think ''thomez'' . without the nada there is no way to put a value on our cdale's , becouse the dealers nor anyone else for that matter has a way (in black and white ) to recognize the value of our dales. is this going to turn into a debate with you thomez .?

thomez

#14 Post by thomez »

You don't need the NADA to know that they cost 12k new and you can now buy that for 5k. Cannibal - 3k all day long, Speeds maybe $3500, Blaze - 4k, Moto 5k.

Something is worth only what others are willing to pay for it.

No debate here. This is my last post in this topic unless someone asks for my opinion directly.

cdalepilot

#15 Post by cdalepilot »

you have to have a recognized retail and trade in value ! dip sh*t .smile.gif

cdrookie

#16 Post by cdrookie »

i'm with thomez- NADA=BS!

all NADA is good for is suit and tie people who take their cars to jiffy lube to get the air pressure checked in their tires.

NADA says nick's dale is worth nothing, so he should give it away?and if they said it was worth $5000 would he get that? i don't think so.

drbowtie

#17 Post by drbowtie »

Nick,

Where are you tring to sell it? I hope not here>>> I received not one offer on my machine from this web site but sold it in the local trade magazine in less than one week for good money. The phone still rings about the machine three weeks later? Go figure...

As far as the NADA thing goes. When they start cutting checks, then there comments have value.

It is true though everyone is after the 450 rage... I rode all day yesterday in the Tug Hill, NY area. Great fast trails. Super day! I rode with a 2001 DS650, a 2004 TRX450 with the factory race kit, 400EX and my new machine the smaller wheelbase 2004 DS650. I dominated on all aspects of the day except top speed. The Honda would get passed me by about 1 mile per hour. He could not touch me in acceleration or hole shot. The DS outhandled the Honda in the corners and was much more pleasant to spend time on. (We all switched machines and everyone felt the same way) The only machine to have is the new DS650 X package. It's quite a performer. Give me a pipe, jet and a reprogram of the CD and the Honda will never see me again. Good bye.

I can only hope that before everyone parts with 6 or 7 thousand to buy these new 450 peices that they atleast look at the DS. Unless it's a sanctioned race issue. They can be bought with full race trim for about 5900 beans. Nerf bars, handle bar guards, skid plates, reinforced rims. It's just a good buy!

01300ex

#18 Post by 01300ex »

how much do you think a 00 polaris trail boss 325 in good conditiopn would be worth...i want to sell it so bad i need a sport wheeler liek i have at my dadsa 300ex the trail boss just isent doin it for me i would like to get a reasonable amount of money from it so i can buy a sled or maybe a car or maybe an other wheeler prefrably a honda:) so if your interested pm or email me
ex300rider15@yahoo.com

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by drbowtie
Nick,

Where are you tring to sell it?  I hope not here>>>  I received not one offer on my machine from this web site but sold it in the local trade magazine in less than one week for good money.  The phone still rings about the machine three weeks later?  Go figure...

As far as the NADA thing goes.  When they start cutting checks, then there comments have value.

It is true though everyone is after the 450 rage...  I rode all day yesterday in the Tug Hill, NY area.  Great fast trails.  Super day!  I rode with a 2001 DS650, a 2004 TRX450 with the factory race kit, 400EX and my new machine the smaller wheelbase 2004 DS650.  I dominated on all aspects of the day except top speed.  The Honda would get passed me by about 1 mile per hour.  He could not touch me in acceleration or hole shot.  The DS outhandled the Honda in the corners and was much more pleasant to spend time on.  (We all switched machines and everyone felt the same way)  The only machine to have is the new DS650 X package.  It's quite a performer.  Give me a pipe, jet and a reprogram of the CD and the Honda will never see me again.  Good bye.

I can only hope that before everyone parts with 6 or 7 thousand to buy these new 450 peices that they atleast look at the DS.  Unless it's a sanctioned race issue.  They can be bought with full race trim for about 5900 beans.  Nerf bars, handle bar guards, skid plates, reinforced rims.  It's just a good buy!

I am sure the DS650 works for you, but in the racing that we do Harescramble they are to big for the tight trails. Every race I have been in where there is a ds650 the guy has good power and can kill you in the open stuff, but when it gets to the tight nasty stuff they usually wind up in a tree or blocking off the trail.

I am glad you like your new quad though. That is why there are so many choices so everyone can get what works for them best!

01300ex

#20 Post by 01300ex »

do you guys see alot of 300ex'x where aver you race??smile.gif