boy, i know why so many dales get parted out

nickg

boy, i know why so many dales get parted out

#1 Post by nickg »

I have to tell you that is very frustrating to try and sell a cannondale. I have a very nice 03 and cannot get 2700 for it!. i mean ...god a freeking blaster is 3400! and preople sell and buy them for more than the dales! no wonder they get parted out so much, no one will buy a whole one. all i get is questions like "does it have all the updates?" it does not puke oil, why should i update it? i know how to change the oil properly. or "have you done the crank?" honestly, really, how many actually failed? i am gonna gall this one on the table, i have a bunch of freinds with dales and a buddy who was a dealer(who sold like 200 he says) they never had any crank problems, the guy with the dealership said he never saw any big problems other than a few map issues. i can see the mount update(and have it) but these have a really undeserved rep. heck look at raptors and the ranny problems, blasters with bad oil injecters, yfz catchs fire, yfz cranks...they seize too from what i hear. why don't these have a bad rep? :confused:

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Because if you ride it long enough the problems do happen.Cannondale and the dealers were all out of the picture by the time all this started happening to us owners.Now get the right combination of motor and updates and they are a better quad than most.Try selling locally and help the buyer out tech wise if he has future problems.It will sell especially if you take it to a drag or mx race and kick some jap butt with it!

nickg

#3 Post by nickg »

i am not entirely convinced tha they all have problems. as i said i have a few buddies worth litterally hundreds of hours beating the crap out of them....no problems. all machines fail eventually, i think that we need to stop the hype about them all failing. honestly if there was no internet, would we all know about any failures? have yopu ever wondreed how many really failed? all i know is that if i cannot get 2700...another will perish to the wrench and be scattered

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

You could just ride it rather than part it out.And you are right about them not all breaking.Some of the early 02 quads were very reliable other than minor stuff.

nickg

#5 Post by nickg »

i have no place anymore to ride. it got closed(loud pipes and kids doing donuts on the school feild near it)

cdalepilot

#6 Post by cdalepilot »

the main reason its hard to get top dollar for the cdale is becouse the ''nada'' will not put a resale value on them becouse of the limited production. frank white is trying to get that changed with the nada.:drink:

thomez

#7 Post by thomez »

I don't think that NADA is going to help out much. They aren't worth much because so many people sell them so cheap.

ATK isn't helping us CannondaleRiders, either, when Doug can sell brand new ATK's for under 5 grand, no wonder our 'Dales are worth nothing!

TheJaspMan

#8 Post by TheJaspMan »

You know one other thing to consider is the time of year. Being from the east coast the major buying season is over. People are getting ready for winter and most buyers are looking for projects.

A car, truck, quad or anything else is only worth what people are willing to pay. The NADA can put any price they want on something. That won't change buying cycles or the economy.

Try and sell a snow mobile in the spring. Unless you live in the extreme north they are a little tough to sell too.

It's not just Cdales that are going down in price. I am seeing a lot of quads dropping in price. You can get a Warrior for dirt these days. And 400exs range from $2000 - $3500 (at least in this area). Thats why a lot of these qauds get parted out too. We can thank eBay for that trend.

Any anyone that pays $3400 for a used Blaster needs a MRI to see what kind of wiring is fouled up in the skull.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Good point.Take E-bay out of the equation and there wouldnt be parting out.Look at the 250r situation.I have seen $20,000 + quads sitting for over a year and the guys were only asking 1/4 the price they would have two or three years ago.Best bet with quads is to buy them to ride and not worry what it is worth to someone else.

TheJaspMan

#10 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Best bet with quads is to buy them to ride and not worry what it is worth to someone else.

:clap: :clap: :clap: