Basically screwed!!!!

fred

#1 Post by fred »

I would guess that the "interim post-petition financing" is only for the profitable bicycle and clothing divisions of Cannondale. With the motorsports division reportedly closed, I doubt if they will have much money to spend on warranty work.

Hopefully a buyer will be found soon...

jcv440

screwed, blued, and tatooed....

#2 Post by jcv440 »

No, we're pretty much screwed....just got off the phone with ALOT of people. Yes, the finance company is aquiring the debt, but with the speculation that Cannondale shuts down the motorsports division....and just runs the bicycle factory. All that's left for the time being is a half a dozen people answering the phone...no more account managers, engineers, or workers...doors are locked up, and doesn't look good.

So if someone DOES NOT buy, then we're out! They do NOT have to honor ANY warranty work, nor will they...and they will not have to produce or supply parts for the machines for the 10 year period thing. And with the debt where it's at right now....everyone is 99.9% sure NO ONE will want it. It's too far gone I think. If anyone does buy it, think they'll spend the next 10 years trying to recover their money. Because very few will jump on the bandwagon and spend a minimum of $7,000 for a quad, and they know the company is in trouble. This isn't 1960 when this happened to Harley, this is the cruel and throat cutting 21st century. I'm as big as a Cannondale fanatic as you can expect, but I really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel...I'm SOOO bummed out, but I think reality is setting in. I don't think there will be anymore Cannondale motorsports division...I hope the already pissed off bicycle consumers stay away from Cannondale, and the whole thing falls apart for the Montgomerys...I'm not real happy. Being a dealer, I was fed a bunch of crap right up to Friday evening...you'd think they'd tell US something. Heck, we're resposible for spreading the Cannondale name, you'd think they'd take care of us. Well, I don't know what the heck to do with the 5 machines sitting on the floor right now...or my own machine that needs the engine stud update, the clutch update, and the front engine mount update... I figured I had " plenty of time" to get it done before the season starts....what little I knew......

I think we're stuck with the 21 century Hodaka! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

JCV440,
I too am getting the same signals you are no parts are being shipped and nothing in the forseeable future.I want to hear from the Montgomeries and pretty darn quick if there is some legal mumbo jumbo keeping them from talking there has to be a way around it.In the meentime I will work on making a engine mount reinforcement kit I will bring one to Indy.It looks like this is the only way things are going to get done on our quads for a while.

Motoman440

#4 Post by Motoman440 »

JVC440 and Cannondale27,
Do you think with this type of news that someone will see some opportunity to "only" create aftermarket parts for the Dales and be successful??? I would think with the small universe of Dale owners that have a need for these parts that would make sense to someone to create these needed parts and sell them via Cannondale riders or however. I don't really know whats involved in making parts but to me it makes business sense due to the current demand, it could help out the dealers that may still have inventory they need to sell and provide some level of confidence to everyone that owns a Dale that they can get parts. I don't know but WOW, what a blow to the hip pocket!!! I feel your pain JVC440 but on a much smaller scale. I purchased a Moto back in June 2002 and traded a very nice and well built 400EX for it. Now I'm scared to ride my Dale in fear that I may break something and not be able to fix it. I think I'm going to buy a glass cage and only display my Moto.sad.gif

Ryanstones

c'dale owners support group

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

Let's not get carried away in the emotional letdown of this recent announcement.
Whether motorsports is bought or not, there are still a whole bunch of parts in that factory that will be made available. I mean they're not going to get thrown away! I had reason to ask about intake valves recently, for example, and they had over 3,000 on hand. Most of the parts were outsourced anyway and i guarantee that a complete vendor list walked out that door!

As for pegasus, does anyone really think they assumed 50mil in debt with no plan for some recovery?/??!!! A liquidation auction? Please! A dead horse aint worth ****! Something productive is in the works with moto. Otherwise, Pegasus could have taken the whole company! They had cannondale over a barrel and apparently let the M's off the hook to continue running bicycles. I sure can't figure out why, as there are many very questionable decisions that have been made. They say Joe is a genius, and it does look like he will come out rosey. :confused: There is a whole lot more hear than meets the eye and I really hope some business journalist can write the full story sometime in the future.

don't be looking for the M's to give or tell you anything! Seems to me they abandoned motorsports a while back and have been using it to shift expense and debt away from the bike biz.

I don't know what to call Moto any more! I may remove my c'dale stickers even, out of respect for the engineers/producers!

Hang in there guys, good things are happening! If we don't hear anything in the next 3 weeks (indy) I'll give up and move on. til then i'm not going to get too excited(bummed). It's really strange how emotionally involved with this company/product we all are isn't it?

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Motoman
Good point someone should be able to make part if it comes to that.What we need right now is a list of all suppliers and what parts they make and if they are willing to sell.If a buyer isnt found maybe the dealers can form a co-op and buy some parts in big quanities.I am going to try and locate a stud update kit and duplicate it.Same with engine mount update although that probably was made in house.Clutches,balljoints,gaskets,foamseal for airbox,swingarm chain protector,bearings,oil filters these we need to know where to get right now.

CdaleRacer0128

#7 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

thatd be the ultimate thing to do, if we dont hear anything we can get someone to duplicate these parts and become a strictly cdale machinest basically, just a part supplier... from some company like trinity or alba or someone...then wed still have all the parts we need

jcv440

#8 Post by jcv440 »

Yeah, the most important things are going to be the motor. I guess we'll just have to stick together. If someone breaks something, then have one made, and let us know who to get in contact with. Just small stuff. Cam holders, little bushings and bearings, and studs. The engine mount kit would be a great thing 27. We'll talk more at Indy.

Cannondale did cancel the booth, I found that out today. If I'm wrong, then I'll eat my words and my underwear...I wouldn't post it in here if I didn't think it could be true. I really dug deep today.

I'm still running my machine. No way in heck am I letting that thing die. I worked too dang hard to get that thing. And nothing compares to it. I really do love throwin a leg over the old girl. I see my fiancee as much as the Dale lets me!! :cool: I'm still hoping I'm wrong though, I really am.

I know of atleast 3 people that will be tearing down a quad and producing parts. I'm mainly worried about the clutch. clutch plates and the basket are going to be a pain to get, and we know we'll be needing those eventually.

Let's sit back and wait for the final blast...sad.gif

JeffQuadShop

#9 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Just stay tunned guys....this thing isn't over yet!wink.gif

Knight440

#10 Post by Knight440 »

Hey no mater what happens and who we need find to build motors we still have the 2nd best ATV ever made !!!!!!!

R's are #1