Why American's hate Soccer?

thomez

#11 Post by thomez »

That is funny Jay. I would be willing to say that the average soccer player is a better athlete than the average baseball player smile.gif

(and I played both, so don't get me wrong there)

Derno24

#12 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by thomez
That is funny Jay. I would be willing to say that the average soccer player is a better athlete than the average baseball player smile.gif

(and I played both, so don't get me wrong there)

Jay wasn't insulting the players just making what is a common statement by most dads. I still can't see how you could let any 8-10 year old child play a game and not have a winner!

thomez

#13 Post by thomez »

Originally posted by Derno24
Jay wasn't insulting the players just making what is a common statement by most dads.  I still can't see how you could let any 8-10 year old child play a game and not have a winner!

I know, I wasn't saying that Jay said that. I just thought that it was funny for anyone to say that, given my experience. smile.gif

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

Are you taking an insult from being called a fag? tongue.gif J?K

Personally I have played sports all my life. Football, Baseball, Swimming, and now atv racing!

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

I take my nieces to soccer practice and games all the time. I must say of all the sports out there I find nothing is as funny and entertaining as watching little kids play soccer. Except for maybe MXC or dodgeball. I cant watch any mainstream sports, they have just become a commercialized joke.

cannibalq8

#16 Post by cannibalq8 »

i remember in 1994 wouldcup im united states .. one channel ask an american " what do u think of Maradona ?" he said " she is hot "

he think its Madona ..lol

Any one know Maradona here? ....comin guys post any famouse player , club or a team on soccer ... i still can't belive that u know that soccer only 90 min.

Regarding low scoring ... that's make it more intersting ... if one team score a goal .. u will how all the crowd 50.000 to 80.000 .. scream " GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!!"

In basketball u will see hunder goals in one match without any special skills ( same way when scoring ) ... In soccer u can see goal by foot , head , long shot , swap the ball over the goalkeepers ..etc

Canniboomer

#17 Post by Canniboomer »

It seems that most of the time when a Soccer game gets exciting, they call "off-side"!!, and that returns the crowd to boredom (and anger) again. To eliminate the off-side rule would increase scoring and gain more fans and players. Too bad there are so many soccer "purists" out there afraid to make a few changes sad.gif

Psychosis

#18 Post by Psychosis »

I like soccer to an extent or used to. I played for like 6yrs when I was like 8-14. I easily understand it but I can't stand to watch any sport I see on tv such as the sport b/c I can't sit still long enough to pay attention. biggrin.gif MX I can watch all day though usally. :head:

Jaybr

#19 Post by Jaybr »

Like I said in my other post, I personally have nothing against soccer. I was just telling you how it is around here.

As far as kids sports go, I think anything that gets them off the couch for a little excersize is a good thing. The winner comment, they need to learn sometime what the real world is all about, and that's winners and loosers. The only thing I question is what age to start teaching them that, 6 may be a little young, 15 a little late:confused:

Oh, and Q8, I have heard of Pele' and Beckham.

Derno24

#20 Post by Derno24 »

Beckham is married to Posh Spice. Very hot. See I know some soccer!