Why American's hate Soccer?

Exodus

#21 Post by Exodus »

I agree, my daughter is 7 and she plays during the spring. Last year she was in with a group that played ayear already, I was her coach for her first year and we all had some fun. Nobody but me kept score but me and I tired to teach them about ethics in the game and how to respect your opponent, but beat him on the field. Seemed to work out pretty good, but this year, the field was bigger, the kids were more aggressive, and still nobody kept score. lol One of her last games she got a bloody nose in the first quarter, she was a little pi$$ed. We cleaned her up and she wanted to go back in so she got the coach to let in in the last quarter. Well she went out there and played her heart out, and when she come off the field she asked me if her team won, I said yes, you girls beat them buy 3 pionts. She went through the roof, you would have thought she won the superbowl of soccer. And needless to say, our team got in pretty big trouble from the soccer board for celebrating a win. What a load, but anyway, thats my soccer experience. But as far as pro sports go, I couldnt care either way. I like to watch college, they're still playing it for the love of the game. Or at least for the number on draft pick.

jesshamner

#22 Post by jesshamner »

I don't like it b/c of the low scoring thing. I guess i have a short attention span. I don't like watching baseball, track and field, or hockey either. I'll take it one step farther even though most people will disagree....I hate football with a passion! I guess its the low scoring thing there too but I know it can be exciting sometimes. I know these soccer players are super athletes. I give them credit for that. The only traditional sport I like to watch is basketball and that isn't always fun. I like college basketball the best and I like the NBA during the first month and the finals. Anything else is just lazy, sloppy, "im only out here to get paid" basketball. The best basketball to watch is the NAIA finals. Those guys are amazing athletes.

cannibalq8

#23 Post by cannibalq8 »

HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!

After 6 years in my old thread and i finally got a REAL answer LOL!!

American team won in last min...This is World soccer cup 2010 in South Africa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w...player_embedded

UpsMan

#24 Post by UpsMan »

I have seen very little soccer. Around here, only pussies play it. The soccer "dad" that I know is a real fem, so he doesn't help the image. I honestly think part of the reason nobody here gives a crap about it is that when the kids are playing it, they don't keep score, so everybody wins. What a load of garbage. If I'm going to get off the couch for something and spend 90 minutes watching the kids play, there had better be a winner and a loser at the end of it.

I also think that makes the kids that are playing it loose interest also. It's a lot of effort to put out for nothing at the end. As time goes by I think it will become more popular here in the states, but it will be hard to grow like the nfl, the nfl always changes the rules to make it more exciting, which I think is a bad idea, but how can you argue with the popularity of it?

UpsMan

#25 Post by UpsMan »

Oh, and I don't think your average american hates soccer. They just don't care about it.

ronnoc47

#26 Post by ronnoc47 »

U.S. American Men and Women like violence in our sports. Hockey, Football, MMA, etc. Soccer dose not give that. It is great for kids because it is a very simple game and there are few injuries. It is popular in other countries because it is a very inexpensive game. Like Basketball, all you need is a $3 ball. Soccer may be fun if you are playing but it is hard to watch.

cannibalq8

#27 Post by cannibalq8 »

I can't believe what u r saying guys smile.gif....Soccer for kids and pussies?LOL

Can kids and pussies do that ????LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS5tQvQOB-Y

UpsMan

#28 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (cannibalq8 @ Jun 26 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't believe what u r saying guys smile.gif ....Soccer for kids and pussies?LOL

Can kids and pussies do that ????LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS5tQvQOB-Y

Yawn.
Hey man, in the USA, its kids and pussies. Sorry you don't like what you hear.

MX Quad Dad

#29 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Do they keep score in the kids games in other countries?

I have a lot to say about whoever thought of the no score thing, but it would just make more work for the moderators. I do wonder what good comes from that

who_gives_a6

#30 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I played soccer as a kid and loved it. We had scores, winners, and losers though. I loved playing it all through high school even, but watching it still bores me to death. Good, fun game, just not for spectating.