New Ride, just in time for the trip to IA

Jaybr

New Ride, just in time for the trip to IA

#1 Post by Jaybr »

Picked up a new truck Friday evening, just in time for the long haul to IA with the trailer.

Nissan Titan 4x4 Crew Cab LE. with Tow Package, Offroad package, Sunroof, rear DVD, and Navigation system:)

Thought about a Deisel but after all the good info on that thread decided against it. Other thing was that the Titan was the only truck I could get with navigation package and my last 2 cars had it and I got really used to it.

One of our site members is now the proud owner of a slightly used 01' Sequoia in excellent condition:head:

cdalemx301

#2 Post by cdalemx301 »

So you lure us in here to see this new ride but leave no pics Jay your slackin come on

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by cdalemx301
So you lure us in here to see this new ride but leave no pics Jay your slackin come on

lol, no time for pics and then it rained all day today. I picked it up Friday evening and already put 500 miles on it:(

cdalemx301

#4 Post by cdalemx301 »

wow lol all over the place in 2 days i dont care what ur excuses are for pics :hammer: they arent good enough lol lets get some pics

Ryanstones

Congrats Jay

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

So is it broke in yet, or are you still babying it? Got any power?:wow

I too can't believe there's no pics here.

ccole

#6 Post by ccole »

Ride USA made quad.:usa Buy jap truck to haul it!:confused:

cannibaljim

#7 Post by cannibaljim »

Real tow vehicles don't have spark plugs.:usa

Ryanstones

#8 Post by Ryanstones »

I drive by Canton, MS. 6-7 times a year and saw Americans build the roads/water system, then a massive factory, then a dozen+ supplier factories. Now when i go by there i see 1,000's of American workers cars in the parking lots building Nissans. They may not get paid like UAW's, but in Mississippi, those workers are happy as clams.

What's the domestic/import parts content on that truck Jay? I'm betting it's as high as the domestics and still assembled in the USA.

I'm not arguing your sentiment ccole, that's just what i see.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Nice Truck!I tried one of those and would have gotten either that or Ford in DBL cab but neither fit a quad with tailgate shut.After the trip home from group ride I feel my Tundra is underpowered.
8mpg and never could hit overdrive.My squeak also came back!Might be looking this spring again.

Jaybr

#10 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by ccole
Ride USA made quad.:usa Buy jap truck to haul it!:confused:

Yep:w:

Like Ryanstones said, this truck was assembled in Mississippi. I replaced a Sequoia with this truck, but also have a Tundra that I'm keeping. Tundra is another Jap truck built in the USA.

So what I would like to know is what % of the workers who made your American truck where actually American? probably 90%+ of the electronics come from overseas, the truck was assembled in either Mexico or Canada.

The auto market today is a global one, so what actually makes something made in America? If >50% of the parts come from overseas but their assembled in America does that make it made in America? If the parts come from America but are assembled overseas is that an American truck?

Or does it just matter where the corporate headquarters is?

When it comes to my vehicles it's pretty simple, I find which ones suit my needs, then buy the best value for my $$. The Nissan best suited my needs in this case, and was the better value.

My opinion: The Japanese companies have higher quality standards than the US on parts and assembly, and the US workers do a better job of assembling those parts than the Mexicans.

BTW: looks has very little to do with it in this case, I'm not all that thrilled with the looks of the Titan compared to the Chevy and Dodge.

Let the fighting begin