Should i buy one?

Dirt308

Should i buy one?

#1 Post by Dirt308 »

I am 14 and was wondering about buying a conondale. I own a blaster now but i am getting to big for it and I am planning on buying something else in the spring. I was wondering if a Cannondale would be a good choice. I am taking atuo mechanics and have worked on cars all my life so i can deal with the engine work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Sounds like a good fit..... Only other requirement would be $$$. Are you going to have a decent flow of cash? They are more expensive than the jap bikes. No offense to the jap bikes. The dales just cost more in maintance. And fixes...

BUT **** THEY ARE WORTH IT!! I love my dale!! Too much maybe. :head:

Dirt308

#3 Post by Dirt308 »

Thanks for the info. In the winter i snow blow peoples driveways and in the summer I mow lawns or work with my father and maybe another job if i can find one. WHat are the main problems that people have had with them?

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

Honestly some are gems where you don't have a problem just general maintaining. Oil changes based on ammount of usage. I don't think that if you were just trail riding and play riding that it is any more expensive than any other quad. I have had 3 now. If there are problems they aren't the same as the other quads. They have their own quirks. If you get a Cannondale just look up the Updates thread. If you get an Atk enjoy it.

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

At this point you need to read. The big part of cannondales is dealing with stuff yourself. That includes finding many of the answers.

Here is a short list of items to look into:

-Crank bearings--including stator side bearing and rod/pin bearing
-stator wire update
-motor mount update
-oil line update
-shift spacer
-bolts backing out inside of motor--stage 8 kit
-going too fast so you hit a tree and bend frame--cdrookie
-not being able to hear anything people yell at you becuase the motor is so freaking loud
-02 motor is better than 03 motor. Cast case vs SSM and better cranks

Those are a few items to read up on. If you are serious about the dale then you are at the right place. you won't find a better 4 wheeler community. The people here really care about these machines and the improvements prove it. Oh, and off that list above. There is a fix for every single one of the problems.

These motors run at a very high rpm compared to some others and in turn can have more problems than those others.

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Man Happy you might scare the guy away. Heck the 1st Dale I owned is now in the hands of Exodus with well more than 250hrs and no problems!!!! Oh and only the motor mount update too.

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

I would rather see people know what they are getting themselves into. I didn't say that these were all problems. Just things he needs to look into and decide whether to deal with them or not.

Dirt308

#8 Post by Dirt308 »

Thanks for all the info hopefully i will have one this spring.

Dirt308

#9 Post by Dirt308 »

Is it better to buy a 02 or 03 cannondale?

Psychosis

#10 Post by Psychosis »

02 usually like said. Better case and crank. If it's got the 1000 ECU instead of the 500 and hydraulic clutch I believe you've found the one you want. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.