Help! blowing fuses

jameson12

Help! blowing fuses

#1 Post by jameson12 »

I went to glamis this weekend and the bike was running great. until friday night i was riding slow trying to warm her up and it just died on me.i tried started it but did not start. pull the bike back to camp to start checking out whats wrong. i tried to start it again and then it blew a fuse. i replaced it and it blew when trying to crank the motor over. i check most of the wiring for something to be grounding out but couldn't find anything. my buddy is a master with electrical and tried to figure it out. he first disconnected to ecu then would turn the key on and would still blow the fuse. he then disconnected the stator and still would blow the fuse when the key was turned on. sometimes the fuse would not blow until the started button was pushed. it was wierd i dont know whats going on. i just put it the trailer and brought it home to work on it. but does anyone have and suggestions of what might be the ploblem because i have no clue.
thanks

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Wire to solenoid shorting on the frame?

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Shorted battery?

jameson12

#4 Post by jameson12 »

yeah i don't think it's the battery because i could turn on the light with out the fuse blowing. it would take a second or two of pushing the starting button to blow.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Take the plug out and try turning it over by hand using the flywheel bolt.

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

i was blowing fuses every 200 feet, threw a 30 in there and haven't blown one yet, it's been 5 months.

jameson12

#7 Post by jameson12 »

yeah already tried that:mad: