New Dale "What to do?"

Jolly705

New Dale "What to do?"

#1 Post by Jolly705 »

Hey guys I just purchased a left over 2003 S440 with 0 hours on it. I was wondering what the deal is with the engine? Will it hold up? From the looks of this site I need to send it out. If that is the case I might just sell it. I want to race SM next year and not worry about fixing it every two seconds. Any imput would be great. Thanks

levi550

#2 Post by levi550 »

Do a search on the required updates, follow the proper break-in period, change the coolant and oil, then ride the snot out of it.

Just be sure you are polite to all of those you fly by.:usa

Oh, congratulations and welcome :clap:

Jolly705

#3 Post by Jolly705 »

Thanks for the link... I am keeping my fingers crossed she holds up!

dawzie

#4 Post by dawzie »

Welcome to the Cannondale world !! We live in the same area code, if you have any questions contact me.

Jolly705

#5 Post by Jolly705 »

Dawzie
Check your pm, thanks.

Jolly705

#6 Post by Jolly705 »

Less than two hours on the New Dale and the engine casing is cracked! greatttttttttttttttttttttttttt:mad:

CDaleChick

#7 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by Jolly705
Less than two hours on the New Dale and the engine casing is cracked! greatttttttttttttttttttttttttt:mad:

i bought my baby a year used, and her top end blew in the first 5 min of my first ride........so i know the feeling! sad.gif

but now shes been running great

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

So sorry, serious bummer. The factory setup without proper shimming sent most everything out with a built in "separation"
stress on the motor mount lugs... is that what happened? Or cracked up higher? Some motor mount updates can be just as bad with a tight center spacer and no shims elsewhere between motor flanges and cradle. I've been using a couple of versions all stainless with no-pinch no-pull no-slop and no excuses... just hope you get it fixed reasonable, and stay with us.