what would 2 engines be worth ??

SlOoT

what would 2 engines be worth ??

#1 Post by SlOoT »

As you might know we have 2 broken Cannondale engines. 1 is from a 2002 Speed, the other from a 2003 Speed. Both have hydr. clutch.

1 only has a bad crank. Piston and sleeve are slightly damaged, but if you polish em or something like that you could use them. All the other parts are ok. The valve cover has some corrosion.

The other engine also has a bad crank, but also a totaly wrecked piston and sleeve. The valves are also useless. Besides of that the engine is ok. Also has some valve cover corrosion.

There are also some other things we don't need anymore, like exhaust pipe, ECU, throtlle body.

Now who would be interested and what would this be worth ???

TheJaspMan

Re: what would 2 engines be worth ??

#2 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by SlOoT
As you might know we have 2 broken Cannondale engines. 1 is from a 2002 Speed, the other from a 2003 Speed. Both have hydr. clutch.

1 only has a bad crank. Piston and sleeve are slightly damaged, but if you polish em or something like that you could use them. All the other parts are ok. The valve cover has some corrosion.

The other engine also has a bad crank, but also a totaly wrecked piston and sleeve. The valves are also useless. Besides of that the engine is ok. Also has some valve cover corrosion.

There are also some other things we don't need anymore, like exhaust pipe, ECU, throtlle body.

Now who would be interested and what would this be worth ???

I think it's really hard to put a price on somthing like that given your place of origin. Running engines have been going for $1000+ here in the states.

scooter-crusher

#3 Post by scooter-crusher »

i`ll give you 200 for both.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Broke motors usually go for a couple to a few hundred each depending on what broke with them. In your case the crank is toast as well as the piston and sleeves.

Crank=600
piston kit=400-500

That means to fix it up you will have to spend at least a grand. Not worth the hassle. Now, parting out your motors is a different story. You can get a couple hundred from parts alone, if you want to go that route.

I would give $300 for both motors as is shipped. And then part them out. They really are not worth repairing due to the cost.

I would suggest you part them out yourself, you should get more for them that way.

scooter-crusher

#5 Post by scooter-crusher »

i thought you didnt like an auction? rolleyes.gif

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

lol, I knew you would have something to say. That is why I told him to part them out......He asked what they are worth, I told him they would be worth $300 to me.

If I would have said I will give him $300 then yeah, I would be making an offer. Instead I said I would as in if they were up for sale I would only be willing to give $300 for them.

Semantics!!