i had a REAL nice thanksgiving!!

Cdale_racer_669

i had a REAL nice thanksgiving!!

#1 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

went riding today... got up at 7. my cuz ran into me and bent my HMF a lil. (where can i get it shortened)..... i thought that was bad enough.. then a couple hours later i was spanking a raptor on the track, i thought i did enough damage to his ego so i got off and took a break. after a few min i decided to go back out on the track. took off with a decent amount of throttle then the motor died and the rear wheels locked up, pulled in the clutch and coasted around a big berm while trying to start it. CLANK,tried again,,,CLANK. i knew the motor was locked up right away. loaded up and ate thanksgiving dinner (lunch):confused: im 15 and only have 80$ cuz i had to buy stuff for my quad when i wrecked, so i wont be riding for quite a while,itll be sitting in the garage on the tender for a bit:cry: :wow :mad: :no: :furious:

SOOO.. i need to figure out how much i need to get over the next eternity. how much are the falicon cranks?ATK balanced ones?? i can do the work myself but itd be nice to have someone else do it if it isnt alot more, so i need prices for that too. wistech?atk?haydug?southbay?whoever else....

bombsquad54

motor work.

#2 Post by bombsquad54 »

i would send the motor to haydug cycles, or happy racing , they are both good, save maybe 700 to 1000.00, watch ebay! sometimes there are good deals on motor parts. good luck. after you get it running and updated, it will run FOREVER, if done by the right person.

cdrookie

#3 Post by cdrookie »

can i get a guarantee on the run forever part HAPPYBOY???????? if so, i'll send my motor down!:eek:

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

If forever means as long as it takes until it breaks again sure. I will say that these motors should run for a LONG time, years, for a recreational rider. But, anyone that rides races should know by now that no motor is bulletproof. Racing causes alot of wear on all internal parts and even in 10k dollar motors you will have parts wear out or fail. What the community has done is taken the big problem parts and get them fixed. That that I will say YAH!!

Cdale_racer_669

#5 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

well i drained the engine oil, checked the engien oil filter. there is nothing in it at all. i went over it with a magnet and it didnt pick up nething. im draining the tranny oil as we speak...

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Pull the spark plug to check for maybe a topend failure.You have a stage8 or at least reloctited the bolts?

Cdale_racer_669

#7 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

ya i loctited the bolts. ill check the sparkplug 2mrow when my mom is at work and i got more room in the garage

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Take a good look at plug and even use a flashlight to look in the hole.If nothing is wrong in there try turning the motor over by hand.I hope its not too serious.

Cdale_racer_669

#9 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

how will i be able to tell if the topend is locked up?never seen a seized engine before... lol
how do i turn it over by hand?

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Usually if a valve breaks it will hit the sparkplug and mangle the tip of it.To turn the motor over by hand just take off the flywheelcover(small black round with 4 screws)and using the flywheelnut turn it over.