FUEL DELIVERY PROBLEM??

scooter-crusher

#1 Post by scooter-crusher »

i actually turned the idle up a little because i heard that could be a problem, but does that affect it when you are riding, you can be riding half throttle and it will just up and die, it got progressively worse as i made my way back to my truck too, i can start the bike up, when it is warmed up or cold, rev it up and it sounds ok, then all the sudden it cuts off. it dies while riding as well as just free-revving.

thanks haydug for the input.

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

check battery connections and ground wires.

cdalemx301

#3 Post by cdalemx301 »

could there be an issue with the o rings n the quick connects or was the connect not sealed properly after the last install??

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

Has the quad ever had the throttle calibrated? Trust me this is the reason for alot of weird stall outs!

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Lets not forget about the fuel strainer in the tank.

scooter-crusher

#6 Post by scooter-crusher »

i have never calibrated the throttle, how is this accomplished? and by the way it just started doing this out of the blue, does that just happen? how do you get the strainer out of the tank?

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

The fuel strainer is on the hose on the left side tank fitting . Unscrew it and pull the hose out. I had a strainer plug once. It ran perfect for 2 hours that day then suddenly it would shut off under hard acceleration. After ten minutes it would stall above 1/4 throttle. I barely made it back to the truck . That puppy plugged up fast. It would idle and start great but as soon as the fuel load increased fuel pressure dropped to nothing. I think I got some sludge out of an old crappy fuel can. It was nasty. But I havent had a problem with the strainer since.

scooter-crusher

#8 Post by scooter-crusher »

great, i`ll check the strainer. Thanks.

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

looks like lots of good info here so far. Any thing help yet?

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

Throttle calibration can cause all of this too. I have personally run my machine when it was out and it would pop sputter and backfire like it was getting no fuel. A quick recal and she was good. Still is.

In order to do a recal you need a D&M kit or a dealer with one.