you know what really sucks

racedraper

you know what really sucks

#1 Post by racedraper »

I have decided to get the the ATK 450 mx. After long thoughts about getting a used dale ,I found a great deal. I called a ATK dealer 1 of 2 in my state and asked if they have one. the first said no.I called the last one and he said no,but He will be getting one in late jan.He told me he will give me a great deal on it because atk owed him money and gave him the bike cheap. He told me I can get the mx for 8000 out the door if I bring cash. So guess what I have to waite until jan before I can see what it is all about riding one. I raced a yfz last and loved it. He also told me If I get this bike he will sponcer me.:clap: To get ready were can I find the carbon fiber hood, I really like the look and I looked up quad tech be no info. So an I doing the right thing getting the mx bike or should I waite and get a used c dale that has been updated.I am planning to do the raced ATK is sponsering to hopefully get $$$ from them.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Buy the bike take the sponsorship and leave the worries to ATK and support USA company.Seems like a great deal at $8000 to me.Lucky Bum:usa

racedraper

#3 Post by racedraper »

I am a UAW worker so made in the USA is important, plus Harley buddys at work will stop giving me crap about a yamaha jap stuff. I this bike that much better the the yfz. Also if i put the quad tech hood on it, will it be functionable sence the air filter is in front .because if you put a hood on a yfz it is just for looks.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

More air you can get to our motors the more power you will get.Look cool too.

racedraper

#5 Post by racedraper »

ATK has three models, VR the base modal, XC and the mx. It has allmost the same stuff on it like the moto exept the map1 map 2 button, stabilizer. It has the FMF titanium exuast,kenda klaws with rear beadlocks,wave rotors,etc,etc

bansheebeater

#6 Post by bansheebeater »

i would get it. sounds like a great deal.

racedraper

#7 Post by racedraper »

im really confused what to do, I talked to Rudy at DFR and eh used to have a cannondale and loved it but he told me it is a pain in the neck working on them,especially adjusting the valves. He also told me that you have to take the mototr apart to do anything.Is it that bad to work on. Like I said I raced a yfz last year and he told I should get one agian. He doenst really know how long ATK will do, becuase Denlli owes all right to the cdale and Atk just ownes all the back parts. need some advise on this one guys

Psychosis

#8 Post by Psychosis »

Valve adjustments. Ask Jeff@TheQuadshop about that. He's got a Blaze that I believe said he's never even opened it up or adjusted the valves in like 3yrs of racing or something like that.

I honestly think they're the easiest quad I've had to work on in general. Everything is straight-forward and easy to learn the how-to's of it all. Buy an engine manual if you need to work on it and use the owners manual. Very well written and the guys on here can help w/anything else. If I can do it than anyone can. :cool:

racedraper

#9 Post by racedraper »

do you have the new atk? what i am saying do you need to take the motor out to do anything. thanks

bombsquad54

#10 Post by bombsquad54 »

well your friend at DFR was wrong, a cdale or atk you do have to pull the motor for most repairs, but the motor itself is quite simple to work on with a manual, i just get mine done by a professional, cause i dont have the time. they have one single case instead of two and taking the crank out is suposed to be a snap. adjusting the valves is the same as any 450r yfz and z400. it uses valve shims. ATK does own the right to sell the bikes! dinli is making a joke out of the cdale, with 24inch tires and such. ATK is the only company that gives you a six month limited warr. even if you race it! they have great customer service and the owner is **** bent on making the customer happy. ATK saved our butts. and the ATK 450 will be as reliable as any other full race quad on the market. plus you have an AWSOME comunity like cannondaleriders.com that have people making parts, giving excelent deals on parts, helping each other and they care on here if you have a problem, try to gte help at exriders or yfzcentral, they can be A$$holes. EVERY RACE QUAD WILL HAVE A FAILURE WITHIN 2-300 HOURS TRUST ME IVE BROKE EM ALL. BUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO DECIDE IS: WHEN ALL BIKES ARE RUNNING DO YOU WANT TO BE IN FRONT WITH A CDALE OR BRINGING UP THE REAR WITH A TRX OR YFZ. go see if the CEO of honda or yamaha will get on the boards and answer questions, they wont because all they care about is money. Frank White, CEO of ATKUSA is a very nice guy and will answer your questions on here or over the phone. he helped me get parts for my dale really cheap and he did it just to help me with costs. I APPRECIATE EVERYTHING FRANK, TIMBO, 27, HAPPYBOY, WISTECH, HAYDUG AND MANY OTHERS FOR THE HELP THEY HAVE GIVIN ME! yes TRX's and YFZ's are great bikes but nothing beats the smooth power of Pure American, Raw, Fuel Injected power from a Dale or ATK. nuff said JOIN THE OBSESSION! i would rather work on or push my dale then have anything else. :usa :clap: :head: :hammer: :usa :head: :hammer: