Eng Mount update

Knight440

Eng Mount update

#1 Post by Knight440 »

Well has anyone been able to get the parts for this I have been in contact with my dealer sence all this news came out and they have always been realy kool about the questions i have asked and told me if i have any problems just bring the dale to them.

Well I got the day off from work to bring the dale to them for the updates. So i called down there and now it seems they have a changed there tune:( they told me to call back in a month or so and maybe by then they will be able to help me out so it seems that they are too waiting to see what happens with C-Dale

Has anyone recived the updates from C-Dale?

:confused: :mad: rolleyes.gif

Knight440

#2 Post by Knight440 »

Da bump

JeffQuadShop

#3 Post by JeffQuadShop »

We haven't received ours yet but we did receive a set of fenders that I ordered 3 weeks ago today. So they are still alive out there.

Knight440

#4 Post by Knight440 »

THX Jeff

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

I spoke with cannondale today, seems the engine update kits were never finished. They do have the spacers made and may send them to the dealers, however they do not have any bolts. How about a cannondalerider member with access to machine shop helping us out here. Cannondale said to drill out the threaded inserts currently in the motor and make a spacer, then use one long bolt to go all the way through.

dawzie

#6 Post by dawzie »

Well if we are going to drill we might as well drill in inches and get a bolt from a industrial supplier.I can get alum. pipe from a local weld/fab shop. I dont think the dia. of the hole in the spacer will matter that much as long as the length is correct.

Anybody have any input on this ??

Knight440

#7 Post by Knight440 »

Good point on the inches thing why not it's hand built in the USA right,,,,,, I have been tring to see if anyone had the info on the spacer size,,,,Dangerranger is working on something he might be able to help ya

DangerRanger

#8 Post by DangerRanger »

Here is the proposal. Everyone please give any input you have. We are looking at using 10mm threaded rod (I believe it is 1.50 pitch, and cut off by lathe), a spacer for the center(Aluminum tubing with proper ID, and OD), two nuts and the washers. The one thing is that it looked like on Dale's kit they remove the inserts completely?? I was just up for the drilling out the inserts as mentioned above. Trying to make it inexpensive, but also durable, functional, and also not be a hack job.

PS I am planning on a couple test sets by next week, keeping fingers crossed. gonna use my toy for the test!

Ben

dawzie

#9 Post by dawzie »

The only problem I see with the threaded rod is that it's a soft metal. Will it be enough strength to hold everything together and not wear. The threaded inserts in the motor have to be drilled out no mater what. Thats why a bolt with a LONG shank that will reach through everything is better. We are looking at shearing factors here also from engine torque.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

According to the bulletin they also use shims so I would assume the space between the mounts is slightly different on dif. motors.This spacer length HAS to be right on.I found a bolt from a banshee motormount that is 1/4 to short there has to be a bolt on something that will work.