Replaced your crank? Sound off.

wistech

Replaced your crank? Sound off.

#1 Post by wistech »

Well have we beat the heart problems with these machines? I know it will take at the very least a year to know if all these new crank fixes can prove themselves but lets see how its going so far. If you have replaced your crankshaft please list what it was replaced with(stock,ATK,Timbo,z400 upgrade,winky,falicon,SBM,other) and if it has had a crank related problem since.

The one crank I had fail was a stock ,200 hours,stainless filter,questionable oil change intervals,moto/speed map.

My speed has 320hours on it,paper filter,oil changed at least every 10 hours with mobil 1 ,motospeed map,it has zero cage wear on one side and .002" wear on the other side of the rod journal. Normally I would Timbo the rod but I just put a z400 bearing back and see how much more it will go.

Ive installed 3 z400 bearing equipt cranks. 2 have Timbo robs . Ive rebuilt 4 others for other Dale owners. No problems reported yet.

I hope a year from now this thread is still very short.

jfarrar

#2 Post by jfarrar »

i have about 15 hrs on a winky rebuild no probs other than a main bearing.i also have a z400 rebuild(thanks wisetech) but have yet to run it.all my motor are in pieces right now:cry:

KYmxracer52

#3 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I replaced mine with a Timbo billet one. Doug did the work. My stock one was fine, just thought I should be safe than sorry, when I did the 450 kit. Crank nor piston was bad, just wanted to upgrade.

MX Quad Dad

#4 Post by MX Quad Dad »

A Timbo stroker crank should be arriveing at my door anny day now for the Moto, Moto crank was still good.

Speed may have to stretch another year with the stock one

wanablaze

#5 Post by wanablaze »

Well, thought I'd be safe on my 03 motor and while Doug was doin' the 450, had Timbo balance my crank and install z400 rod bearing. Just like the above, mine ran fine.

WJR

#6 Post by WJR »

I got a Winkey 3-piece with ball bearing mains. Broke it in last weekend, no problems. Other than I cheaped out and reused a piston/sleeve that is now blowin a wee bit o smoke. I'll go torture it a few times and post back if it lives or not.

WJR

bknight

#7 Post by bknight »

Timbo stroker crank and rod my old crank was good just playing it on the safe side. low hr do to the darn rain here

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Atk crank with about 15-20 hrs on it racing of course. I am sending one to Timbo for his rebuild and waiting for my Falicon for my BIG motor! So eventually I will have all 3

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

I have a falicon in my race bike, my practice bike (after 1 season of racing) is still stock, my xc bike has a locked up crank at the moment.
I have installed several, including atk, winky, now timbo, and the falicon. I have also tried a few different crank bearings. I have seen various results.

CDaleChick

#10 Post by CDaleChick »

im looking to possibly do some kind of work on mine..... an early 02 (cable clutch and everything)...it was raced pretty hard for one season and then since ive had it, it was down for about a year or so off and on and then its been running strong for 3 months, i had the bearings checked not too long ago and there wasnt much movement in them (very little) but i want this quad to run for a full season really strong, would it be wise to update it or not? and if so...which kind of update is the most strong reliable one (one that has proven itself time and time again)