Wondering about cannondales

CTyfz450

Wondering about cannondales

#1 Post by CTyfz450 »

Hey guys. I have a few questions for ya dale riders. Would a dale be a reliable bike to run out and about in the woods with? Here is the story, we are trading our 400ex and 416ex for a race ready yfz450. My dad likes having 3 bikes as the stocker in his trail rider and stuff. He was wondering if he could pick up another bike or some sort, for around 2,000-2,500. I might suggest a dale because they are quicker than 400exs, more comfortable also. But i don't want something i have to work on because we will have to keep the 450s in top shape for race season. Would a dale be a smart move you guys think? We have razr 2s that we would throw on whatever we bought right away. How are the stock shocks in the woods? Im just concerned about having problems with the motor. If i bought a bike with all the updates, it should be fine right? just change the oil regularly like any other bike? Can i get some tips and info from you guys? It should be possible to pick up a nice trouble free bike for 2,000-2,500 right?? Are new cannibals going for 3,000 at all from like haydug or something?

Thanks for the help,
Justin

scooter-crusher

#2 Post by scooter-crusher »

they are intimidating to work on at first, but after it breaks one time you`ll be used to working on it, i was anyway, learned alot by just stripping it down and putting back together, i ride mine in the woods alot and it is all good except no reverse, it will climb any hill you put in front of it no doubt, i would reccomend steering away from the dales if you are looking for a bike that will just start and run all the time, because the cannondale will let you down more than once, guaranteed. it sucks driving for two hours to watch your friends ride their jap bikes while you are working on your dale in the parking area, believe me i`ve been there twice in the last month.

P.S. my cannibal is FOR SALE! I1m looking for 3500 best ofer out of it, very nice solid runner. email; ride470@yahoo.com

-Jeff

the fosterburg bulldog

comander420

#3 Post by comander420 »

If you were wanting a good turnkey quad you already have them in the 400ex's, I've seen some just beat to death and always start right up and run, if you think that your race ready 450 require maintenance then you will be right at home with a dale, fuel filter every 5 hours, oil every 10, air filter all the time. But if you did buy a dale for a "woods beater" you may end up taking it to the track instead of the yfz and seeing how you do, they were meant to be raced, and I haven't been beat in a drag race by a yfz or a 450r. the only reason I get beat on the track is because I'm getting fat and out of shape, oh wait I never was in shape.

scooter-crusher

#4 Post by scooter-crusher »

power and throttle response are insane on the cannondale, you will find yourself riding it all the time and the jap 450 will be beating through the woods instead, the dale is alot of work, bt **** they are wicked.

cdalemx301

#5 Post by cdalemx301 »

tongue.gif Justin wasnt it a few days ago u were telling me u would never have a dale in ur shed aroud ur bikes??? haha being around me all this time made u change ur mnd huh....lol they are fine in the woods a ride mine on the trails lately haha and its set up for racing.....with the amount u work on ur bkes u have plenty of time to work on this thing hhaha and u will have no problem fixing things with how much you know.....thought ur dad wanted a 450r...haha dude motor probs wasnt it ur bike who blew up mine has had no problems yet hahaha.....dude call me later about chillin next week hahaha

Lippy91

#6 Post by Lippy91 »

A nice Z400 on the neatv website for sale . Tires , nerfs, Bars and Reverse, barley ridden I think Rich wants $3ooo. A nice bike for the price.

CTyfz450

#7 Post by CTyfz450 »

No need to take them to the track when we have these.

[img]http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1376000[/img]

our 400s are going to get this blue yfz.

and this is mine.

mine now has front hipers too.

Its in rebuild mod now though. ill post pics as it goes.

Ill have to talk to cdalemx301 some more about these machines. the only reason why my motor blew was because of the dirt that got into the bike MIKE. i know you rag on me for that, but who wins on the track?? Mike, if we got one, are you able to use your laptop and program on ours if we got one?? whats with fuel filters every 5 hours?:confused: how much for dan oil filters on these things? 11 bucks for a yfz, it sucks. The reason why i wanted to look into a dale is because they seem solid when not having problems. 400exs? been there, had those.

scooter-crusher

#8 Post by scooter-crusher »

hey that blue yamaha is sharp man, nice.

cdalemx301

#9 Post by cdalemx301 »

yea man ill just call optimum and tell them i bought another one so i can get an cces code to urs....yo dude u didnt tell me u r getting that kids yfz lol when did that happen last i saw u were showing me pics of it lol....get the dale ur dad will love it...he should have rode mine this summer if he wanted one
edit- Justin i get my fuel filters at napa for like 3 bucks...nice and cheap and i never change mine every five hours.....in terms of oil filters im still running my stock stainless steel one with no problems...

wanablaze

#10 Post by wanablaze »

5 hours? That's nuts! I swapped my first one out at ten because I thought it'd be a good idea. The next one I left in for like 25 hours. Just keep your airfilter clean and do your oil changes.