#$%$@**%$!!!

LapTraffic

#$%$@**%$!!!

#1 Post by LapTraffic »

So I went riding on christmas eve with My wife, Kim, and some friends.

While clearing a rather inocuous 3rd gear double my foot slipped off the peg and caught the rear tire. I was subsequently ripped form the quad and beaten severely underneath it before finally getting clear of the bike.

It was a good get off and I was pretty shaken up.

Took about 10 minutes but was finally able to walk it off and get back on and ride.

Rode hard for another hour, MX and XC training etc.

Finally had to call it day. Right leg was starting to be a problem and it was really hurting when I put weight on it. It also made this kindof grinding popping sensation when I rotated it.

Drove 3 hours to the ER.

Sure enough...

So they gave me crutches and vicadin... a 1000mg of vicadin.

Kim and I went to her Brother's for Christmas dinner. In the middle of dinner, I quit breathing, her brother had to give me CPR. I have no recolection of it except for feeling nauseous and then waking up kissing a hairy man....

I guess it wasnt pretty though, I was unconscious and not breathing for awhile, and I apparently have a new found allergic reaction to narcotics...

The rest of christmas was very cool and we spent it in sand lake which was absolutely beautiful. I taped the Sh!t out of my leg and took it easy.

scooter-crusher

#2 Post by scooter-crusher »

Ouch, Sorry man, Hope you heal fast and well !!!

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Man that royally sucks. Here I was complaining about spending the day with the In-Laws. Kinda makes my problem seem small. Hope you get better soon.

I guess you had a day of Murphy's Law!:wow

TheJaspMan

#4 Post by TheJaspMan »

Ouch! I've been sick and whining. I guess you got me beat for sure! Get well soon.

Stop kissing guys.

So what are you gonna do with those extra vicadin? haha

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
So what are you gonna do with those extra vicadin?   haha

Didn't think of that one!:eek:

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

You got kissed by a man!!?? sad.gif

Sorry to hear about that man. Welcome to the no fun club. :mad:

banzairx7

#7 Post by banzairx7 »

Ouch, I've broken my fibula twice so I feel your pain. I was back to maybe 80% after a month. The recovery isn't all that bad. It's when you break the bigger one in the front that your down and out forever. When I broke that it took 8 months before I could walk again.

They gave you to much pain medication and that's why you passed out?

ppogue

Nice one Lap

#8 Post by ppogue »

The amazing thing is that he kicked my butt around the track for two hours with a broken leg. Like I didn't feel bad enough having some rookie whoop up on me, then I find out he had a broken leg. Maybe I should take up a different sport. Take it easy Lap, I have money on you kicken Eichners AZZ this year!

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Holy Cow!Sure glad you had someone that knew CPR.I cant think of a better christmas present.

acarli3

#10 Post by acarli3 »

I am glad your alright. That must have scared tha crap out of the wife.