scammer!!

Happyboy

scammer!!

#1 Post by Happyboy »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43972

Check out this nice little email in response to me asking where the bike was located....

Hi,

Buy it now is absolutely correct ! $2,200.00 today! and the quad can be yours. I can have it shipped to anywhere in the US. I'm giving you my helmet and jacket. The jacket and helmet are red. The quad is in perfect condition, nothing needs to be done because it runs great. I need your full name and full address so I can make all the shipping arrangements immediately after you completed the payment.

You will be approved to buy my quad only if you will pay in full through eBay Safe Guard. Way you pay, you will be insured for the entire value of the purchase. I have over 5,000.00 USD deposit in an eBay managed purchase protection account. Transactions with them are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors.

In case you don't get what you are paying for, you get a full refund.

I OFFER FREE SHIPPING ONLY IF YOU'RE BUYING IT THRU EBAY!!! Already have it in shipping company warehouse READY TO FLY.

If you agree you must send an email to support@secure-buys.com with following information:

-Seller ID - daveheniff
-Buyer ID - your eBay user ID
-Item #4521135422
-Buy it Now price - $2,200.00

As soon as you agree and confirm the payment I will start the shipping process and you will be the happiest owner of my awesome quad.

Best Regards,

Sgt Dave Heniff

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Cripes and the guy even makes out to be military or police with sgt signature!E-bay really has to be more aggresive with these idiots.Like find them and sue them Big Time.

fig

#3 Post by fig »

This is proably the same a$$ that tried to sell the bike around a month ago. He uses the same phony web site.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Yeah, I went to the secure-buys website and it looked pretty legit. I was starting to take a second thought at it, but the form email just gives it away.

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

When these guys can't even speak regular english terms you knows it's a scam... I have an add for a roomate and I am getting these same type scam things there also.. They will try anything w/ the overpayment method..

banzairx7

#6 Post by banzairx7 »

weird that he has 18 positive feedbacks. Maybe the account got hijacked?