Age?

MrSlithers

Age?

#1 Post by MrSlithers »

I haven't been here for to long and I searched but couldn't find the topic, but I assume most of you guys are of age (20's-30's) since it can be quite expensive to own a Cannondale. How long have you all been riding etc.... Just tryin to learn more about this board:) .

-I'm 16... turn 17 in May and have been riding since I was 7.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

I'm 22. I have been riding this beast for a year and 3 months. I have been riding off and on since I was about 7 or 8. Started on a 1985 Honda ATC125M threewheeler. That thing still runs and I still have it. Starts on first pull but with a battery would start on first touch of the magic button. I am a temporarily retired xc racer due to school and lack of funds. Now I'm just a weekend warrior. How's that for a "Get to know me" reply?

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

Going on 18 here. Bought the C'Dale when I was still 15 after trading a forum member here for my KFX400. Got screwed b/c the crank blew immediately after and the guy before had even torn it apart before hand and beaten parts down. When I tried to call and ask about it all he never answered and had my phone number blocked from the looks of it. Not a good start but I have two now.

Started riding at 4 or 5 on a old Honda 125 and just moved through the ranks.

CptHook

#4 Post by CptHook »

19 here, 20 in May. Ive had my dale since August of 2003. Had been in the market for a new quad, was mostly looking into ltz/kfx/dvx 400. Uncle works at a Polaris dealer and knew I was looking for a decent priced machine, some old guy (60s) bought a 2003 Speed, rode it once, scared the crap out of himself on it, and traded it in at my uncles dealership for $3500 and got himself a Sportsman. So my uncle called me up and told me about it and told me I could take it for $3500 if I bought it the next day, so I went to his house at about 10oclock at night ripped it around for a few minutes, fell in love with it and bought it the next day. Been riding on and off since I was 4 , mainly because when I was younger I lived in a rural area, and now I live in a city. Started out on a little powerwheels modeled after a quadzilla, then to Honda 125, 5-speed auto clutch with no suspension, and on from there.

ducman

#5 Post by ducman »

I'm 34 and have been on some sort of bike since I was 7. Up until last year I rode and raced streetbikes but thought that was a little to dangerous so I sold out and bought a Blaze back in May. I can honstely say that I wish I hadn't rode a dale that way I would have been happy with a Honda. So alittle extra maintance and a broken arm later I am hooked more than ever.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

Wow...the first 3 replys started out with 125s. I guess I'm the weirdo on the trike.

CptHook

#7 Post by CptHook »

I remember when I was real young 3,4,5 there used to be huge races on the lake behind my house in the winter, mainly 3 wheelers and some quads here and there, I used to go and sit on the dock and watch them, I think thats where I got hooked. That and around the same time period I was playing in my front yard and a dude was screaming down the road on his 3-wheeler and crashed about 20 ft from me, when he finally got up and saw me standing there I cant remember what he said but he gave me his helmet, I thought it was the coolest thing ever, after that I would just ride around on my powerwheels with this massively huge helmet on my head, my father thought it was hilarious.

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

LOL...we need a pic of that one.

J. Delaney

#9 Post by J. Delaney »

I'm 30. I started riding a Z50 Honda when I was 5. Moved up to an XL75 and then a YZ125. Took a break from riding for a few years and then when I turned 18 I bought a nearly new 1993 FZR600 (in 93'). Rode the pi** out of that bike for about 6 monthes and then got hit by a car. Took another small break from bikes and played with 5.0L Mustangs for a few years and whent to college. After graduation, I picked up another FZR 600 and rode that for about a year. Got tired of always chasing my buddy on his GSXR-1100, so I stepped up and bought a 94 ZX-9R and put the little FZR on the race track as the cops were threatening to take my license away (I figured this would be a good venue to get my speed fix). Raced the FZR for a season and sold it. Bought a totaled 93 CBR900RR and made it the new racer. In early 98' I totaled the ZX-9 and figured the new ZX-9 would be a good replacment as the R1 was tough to come by (and they were going for 13k otd!). Raced the CBR maybe 4-5 times and just didn't like it. Sold it and used the 98 ZX9 for double duty. Got married and the kids took over the racing budget. Convinced the wife that quads are a sport that the whole family can enjoy! Bought her a blaster and me a Cannibal. Sold her blaster last summer and bought her a Cannibal still in the crate from Canniboomer (give him a call, he has more!). Sold the 98 ZX9 last spring and picked up a new (to me) 03 ZX-6RR for track days and such.

MrSlithers

#10 Post by MrSlithers »

Well good to see that so far we don't have abunch of 13 year olds runnin around like some of the other forums... And I also started out on an atc125, 70 and 185s. Then 5 years ago I bought a 2000 Rancher and i've still got it. It has 21,000 miles on a completely stock motor. Only complaint I have about it, we've gone through 10 sets of brake pads in 1 year with it. Now it's just sittin in the garage needin a good ol tune up. Post pics of your 1st rides if ya guys still have em:) .