To race or not to Race

theJeStEr1340

To race or not to Race

#1 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

That is the question. There is a race this weekend, last one of the season in fact. it is supposed to be cold though... aroung 50. I will probably race, but wanted to get some input, who likes to race in the cold and what are soem ways to keep warm?!

Brad77

#2 Post by Brad77 »

Hey, if its 50 then I say go for it!

I rode a little today and it was about 40.

When I race in cooler conditions, I just wear my gear that is not vented. Sometimes I wear an extra T-shirt under my jersey.

Although, most of my senses seem to go numb once the gate drops, and in most cases I forget all about the temp until I cross the finish line. That is all my senses except for pain:confused:

CDaleChick

#3 Post by CDaleChick »

I raced yesterday in 33 degree weather, and im a Texan who rarely sees cold weather, much less races in it....suck it up boy and race! tongue.gif

theJeStEr1340

#4 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by CDaleChick
I raced yesterday in 33 degree weather, and im a Texan who rarely sees cold weather, much less races in it....suck it up boy and race! tongue.gif

I'm a weenie. I rode around the other day, just down the trail and it was like 35 and my face froze. The weather is saying it is supposed to be 37 sat. That is getting a little too cold for me... I could always use one of the bandana's my dad uses for his face when he rides his harley in the cold.

We will See. 37 is a little cold.

scooter-crusher

#5 Post by scooter-crusher »

we ride here when it is -10 F. When it warms up to 37, we will be happy. suck it up, and f*ck it up!!!!

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

I have raced a couple of hare scrambles but they were actaully more like snow scrambles they are kinda fun mud and snow mixxed oh yeah:)

k-dog

#7 Post by k-dog »

Don't be a candy a$$, lol.

It was at least that cold when we rode at Bigdawgs. (ezcept in the middle of the day)

LapTraffic

#8 Post by LapTraffic »

50 is NOT cold. 33 and raining is cold.

I dont wear extra clothing when I race unless it is below freezing, then I'll put one of those underarmor shirts on under my jersey. nothing else. Its actually very easy to overheat when its cold by getting to bundled up.

If you are cold on the line you should be fine once you start racing, if youre warm on the line youre screwed smile.gif

flynbryan19

#9 Post by flynbryan19 »

Jester your not talking about the 6hrs endurance race are ya? If you are you know Bonnie canceled that this weekend because of the weather.....:deal:

Braff1

#10 Post by Braff1 »

50! We raced one day and it was 28* with 2" of snow on the ground and 20 mph winds. That was a fun race, we still talk about that one. I'd say go for it.