#1 Post by lilchampro1 »

anyone have any tips on how to prevent dales from hydrolocking
????????//

Cdale_racer_669

#2 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

with oil?dont tip it up,and dont overfill it with oil

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

I think it might be possible to blow out the check valve in the oil pump by hitting it with air pressure on the oil return fitting on the back of the block. All it takes is a tiny fragment of junk to stick to the rubber ball in the check valve and let oil leak in while the engine is static. Otherwise pull the sidecover and manually clean out the oil pump. The other thing you could do is pull the drain plug when the quad sits. Magnetic drain plugs and sump magnets are the first line of defense in keeping the unfiltered oil from plugging all those tiny ports.

speed2424

#4 Post by speed2424 »

Lets hear it for magnets!!!!smile.gif

MotoX_Racer07

Oil pump

#5 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

Found out through Winky that there is also another cause of the oil draining back into the engine. I was told that sometimes the oil pump lobe will not cover the pump hole on the inlet and outlet when the engine is shut off, So that will also allow oil to just drain right back through. Its one of those things where its all just luck where the pump stops in its rotation. I was shown with the pump taken apart and its true. No doubt about it. Very rare to ever happen though. The more you ride your quad the less likely your going to get oil in the cylinder. Mine does it everytime it sits for a month or more. So ride!

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Yep ride em often and ride em hard.