06 Yamaha sleds

cannondale27

06 Yamaha sleds

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

150 hp fuel injected 4 st ,Rev style seating.Man I wish I could afford this one!
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/categ...nowmobiles.aspx

GDITheman

#2 Post by GDITheman »

in the winter x games most of the sleds were cats or ski doo. there were a couple polaris, but i didn't see any yamaha. is yamaha not racing or just not in x games?

it'd be nice to be able to get something like a d&m kit for the efi sleds.

we just lost all our snow in northern MI this weekend. it warmed up to 57 deg. we were riding on the trails with our quads laughing about the sledders.

i saw a guy loading his sleds on the trailer on sat morning to go home early. he was wearing shorts.

it's been a funny winter in MI this year.

acarli3

#3 Post by acarli3 »

The sled pictured is a 4 stroke. I think the sled industry is still dominated by 2-strokes.

MotoX_Racer07

Yamajunk

#4 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

I used to be a tech for a Yammy dealership, but got out of it. The RX1 was very impressive, but it was such a heavy pig and it high sided like crazy. It had some Jackshaft problems too. It was good for going in a straight line thats it. Worst handling sled I think, next to the Firecats. The Sxviper was excellent. Ski-doo has the best sled out there in my opinion. If anyone has ridden a REV you wont go back to the old seating style. Its so much like riding a quad. You hardly feel the bumps. I am looking into a MXZ600X SDI for next year. Already a used one in the paper. Well see what happens.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

They are heavy but I am used to riding a Formula III.It is rider forward just like a REV now.I guess I am getting old but a 4stroke sure would be ticket for me.Too much money though anyway.

superfly

RX-1

#6 Post by superfly »

I wouldnt mind a RX-1 as long as it wasnt stock....RX1
Supercharger

Dale512

#7 Post by Dale512 »

You do realize thats a Turbocharger, not a Supercharger.

dawzie

#8 Post by dawzie »

last week I was at our Yamaha dealer getting a crank for our quad and a guy comes in looking for the owner. I overheard him say something about turbocharger/RX1

I go to leave and they they are, staring at this '05 RX1 with a turbo mounted on the rear of the tunnel

The owner fired that thing up, WOW what a great sounding sled. 240 hp !! with the stage two kit. I beleive it came from Bender Racing, $5000 !!

Last weekend I put 200 miles on my '04 600HO Rev. Best sled I ever owned and I've owned over twenty sleds since 1969

bouncerdude

#9 Post by bouncerdude »

ive got an 04 rx1 warrior and i love it. it has so much torque that you dont even feel the weight of the sled. it has simmons dual carbide ski's so it makes its own path on the trail, and i dont really have any complaints about it.

superfly

#10 Post by superfly »

You do realize thats a Turbocharger, not a Supercharger

Two links there, first one is a turbocharger and the second is a supercharger! A company by the name of Diamond S makes a complete titanium chassis for the rx-1 combined with the turbo.