Digital Camera

cannondale27

Digital Camera

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Kdeal has been trying to help me pick out a new digital camera for about $300 or less.It has to take good closeups and I would like to get it tommorrow before dealer show.What model(be specific)would you guys suggest.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Whatever it is make sure it cant accidentally turn itself on . My kodak easyshare has a multifuction button on the back any movement in the case or your pocket can easily rotate the knob to power up . When this happens the lens tries to come out and strips the drive gears . Now I have to pull the lens out by hand till it gets to good gearteeth. Takes fantastic pics but soso video .

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

Get either a Canon A75 or a Sony Cybershot at 5.1 megapixel.

Both are great cameras with great reviews.

My aunt just got a Cybershot with 7.2 megapixels, it is awesome, but probably more than anyone here needs, and I think they are more than $300.

Canon and Sony get rave reviews for the cams, others not so well. The A75 is probably the #1 camera for everday users right now.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Thanks guys!Maybe I will get some nice pics at the show.

thomez

#5 Post by thomez »

This is the A85 - gets great reviews.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...13&type=product

Here is the Sony, a little more megapixel for a few more bucks

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...12&type=product

Both are supposed to be great cameras.

I really like my aunt's Cybershot, I used it recently to take pics at the Grand Canyon and Sedona, Arizona, and they look awesome.

quadprorider

#6 Post by quadprorider »

WOW.....I just bought a new camera today and its called a Sony cyber shot. I have to say that this is the best camera on the market and I would never buy anything else. IMO, I think you should spend the extra money and go with the Sony. Close up shots are UNBELIEVEABLE........:w:

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Thanks Thomez.I am going to get that one tomorrow.

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

I would say that for the price range the Sony is the way to go. I have an older model and still use it off and on every no and then.

Quadpro I think you are stretching it a little far to say it is the best camera on the market. I would say for that price range, but there are tons of cameras that will smoke it when you get more expensive.

quadprorider

#9 Post by quadprorider »

Ok Derno im sorry..........:bow: :bow: :bow:

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

These are all excellent suggestions.