clutch problem i think?

jarred15801

clutch problem i think?

#1 Post by jarred15801 »

I changed the engine and transmission oil a while ago and when i was changing the transmission oil i took out the filter of it and it was completely covered in metal shavings. i could scrape a pile off with my finger nail. i kept putting it in gas and using an air compressor to blow all the metal out of it and it looked like new again so i put it back in. what is it from the clutch plates? when i give it gas with the clutch in it creeps forward a little bit. and i also noticed i have to give it more gas then i used to keep it from stalling when starting out. is it the clutch or would the metal shavings be there because i had a 450 and new crank put in and that was my first oil change since then?

bestonearth

#2 Post by bestonearth »

take the clutch cover off and check the fiber clutch plates. mine did the same thing and the tabs on the friction plates that slide into the clutch basket get smashed on the edges. You'll probably need to get a clutch kit, the plates closest to the motor get smashed worser, rotating periodically helps this.

jarred15801

#3 Post by jarred15801 »

where can i get a clutch kit? and are there any aftermarket ones made for dales right now?

bestonearth

#4 Post by bestonearth »

i don't think there are any aftermarket ones available, but you can get the stock one from haydug or blackwidow