ATK VR 450 in shootout

Dave E

ATK VR 450 in shootout

#1 Post by Dave E »

The ATK VR 450 was tested against the competition check it out at www.atvsport.com . What is your opinion?

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

After reading part of the test, I noticed a "tester" referred to the cannondale,oops, I mean ATK's ingition as "dumb". I stopped right there, gave the magazine to my 7year old, and let him read it. Anyone who test's bikes for a living, and will use terms like that, or let their own opinion fog their vision of a good bike does not deserve to be testing bikes for a living.

Dave E

#3 Post by Dave E »

Yeah, I have no faith in magazine tests:pI'm just looking for feedback from real riders. Do these tests hold any merit,have you riders experienced any of these traits with your machines? I ask these questions because I am a new ATK dealer and looking for feedback,good or bad, until I gain enough experience with these machines.Unfortunately a lot of riders have no other source of info to base their purchace on except these magazine tests. I want to sell and promote these machines and it's disheartning to read tests like these.

Cdale_racer_669

#4 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i only like to look at pictures and readers rides and such, those shootouts are a joke:eek:

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Originally posted by haydug
After reading part of the test, I noticed a "tester" referred to the cannondale,oops, I mean ATK's ingition as "dumb". I stopped right there, gave the magazine to my 7year old, and let him read it. Anyone who test's bikes for a living, and will use terms like that, or let their own opinion fog their vision of a good bike does not deserve to be testing bikes for a living.

Just about the same thoughts I had, but my son is 20 and he wouldn't even look at it.

CannondaleRider

#6 Post by CannondaleRider »

I've heard that Yamaha pays the magazines A LOT. Ever notice the yamaha always seems to win

I remember a while back, they did a comparison between a Z400 that had an AWSOME 470 motor. I mean, it was like a 5000 thousand dollar motor AT LEAST and they said a piped YFZ would still whoop all over it

The Yammis are fast......but come on, there not that fast:confused:

Screw the mags(except for there pics, the photographer is good)

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

One thing to take notice of. Take what ATVsport said about the ATK and don't read anything else. Go right to the review of the Yamaha and read that. On the ATK it is a negative to have a 2-stroke snap and it is too uncontrolable in the woods. Yamaha is a 2stroke hit which rewards you for harder riding in the woods. Sounds like the same thing to me.

Man money must be good!

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#8 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Just like a good lap dog, magazines never bite the hand that feeds them. The big advertisers ALLWAYS come out smelling like a rose, sled mags, atv, bike, there all the same.:w:
And yea I only like the pics. too.

Cdale_racer_669

#9 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

One thing to take notice of. Take what ATVsport said about the ATK and don't read anything else. Go right to the review of the Yamaha and read that. On the ATK it is a negative to have a 2-stroke snap and it is too uncontrolable in the woods. Yamaha is a 2stroke hit which rewards you for harder riding in the woods. Sounds like the same thing to me.

i noticed the exact same thing :wow

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Whats up with the coments about the rider thought he was on a 250r only to look down and see the fat faced ATK. The fuel tank looked chubby .
They didnt like the best brake system ever on a quad?
The throttle was stiff small and slippery.
The EFI was stuborn.
It had to much power for trailriding?
Notice all the captions under the the pics. All the ATK comments were negative.
Why did the question the ATKs reliabilty as unproven yet its been out as long as the 450r and we know all the problems those have.
I just dont understand how you go out of your way to belittle an ATK and then end up saying they recomend it for experienced riders only. I guess experienced riders prefer poorly finished, overpowered quads with stiff throttles ,bad brakes,finicky EFI,and different plastic. HMM
Boy Im glad i stuck with my Cannondales . Those ATKS must really suck.
tongue.gif