Anyone tried the Rekluse autoclutch?

Jaybr

Anyone tried the Rekluse autoclutch?

#1 Post by Jaybr »

Just looking for feedback on it.

I think it would be pretty cool on my woods bike:)

jacobw

#2 Post by jacobw »

I done some poking aroung on the other sites about the rekluse I was also looking at it and they said the clutch wears clutch plates about twice as fast and you have to constantly keep them in adjustment seems to me like they would be a pain more than a help from what I have read.

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by jacobw
I done some poking aroung on the other sites about the rekluse I was also looking at it and they said the clutch wears clutch plates about twice as fast and you have to constantly keep them in adjustment seems to me like they would be a pain more than a help from what I have read.

Interesting:confused:

This is from their website FAQ:

Will the z-Start wear my clutch plates faster?
That depends on how you use or abuse the z-Start. With the z-Start Clutch, you will find that you are able to ride smoothly in one or even two gears higher than you normally ride. However, riding uphill, in 4th gear at 10mph for extended period of times will cause significant clutch slipping, accelerate clutch plate wear and possible damage to your engine. When riding with any automatic clutch, it is important to select the right gear for the situation. In general it is safe to ride one gear higher than the riding conditions dictate for short periods of time.
That being said, when used properly the z-Start should allow for clutch plate life equal to or better than a manual clutch.

What kind of maintenance does the z-Start require?
For optimal performance, it is important that the z-Start be mounted within a certain distance of the clutch plates. Rekluse Motorsports recommends that very aggressive riders check the mounting distance after the first 25 hours of use and thereafter every 50 hours or after any racing event that causes excessive heating of the clutch. For typical riders, we recommend the first mounting distance check at 50 hours and thereafter at 100 hours of use. Additionally, Rekluse Motorsports recommends that the entire z-Start assembly be disassembled for inspection at 100 hours of use for very aggressive riders and 200 hours of use for typical riders.

jacobw

#4 Post by jacobw »

it prob does work excellent like they said jay I just seen that others said they have replaced the clutch plates 2wice since having thiers and I was like not thanks i dont want to take any risk unless I know for sure I am kinda leary that is why I dont get one.:confused: So I dont know what to say I just have read what others that have had them said they had to check it every couple races and I would worry that it might be wearing the plates out prematurely so I am scared to get one:(

LapTraffic

#5 Post by LapTraffic »

they make it for the cannondale?

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Yup,

I have been talking to several people who use them for racing and such and all of them are extremely happy with it. I figure I will wait till this offseason to get one. There were issues with the clutches wearing real early on, but I don't think it is as much of a problem anymore.

LapTraffic

#7 Post by LapTraffic »

Interesting. I sent them a resume last year when I was planning on running the honda, didnt want that thing stalling and then tying to kickstart in corners.

They actually agreed to sponsor me, but I changed my mind to cannondale and figgured they didnt make a kit for those.

Not too concerned about stalling the dale, it's generally easy to get going again.

One interesting option I thought would be pretty cool would be to change out the clutch lever with a rear brake master cylinder. I typically either over brake with the rear or miss it entirely. it's a riding form issue, but I know that having the brake accessible from the handebar would give me more brake finess in the rough stuff.

Lurker Blaze

dealer show special

#8 Post by Lurker Blaze »

I ordered mine at the dealer show and should have soon. installing on wifes but think I may use on long trail rides,figure its cheaper than buying another quad and spares.will have at spring ride.you can try it then.

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

Contact Haydug Cycles to order your's today!! biggrin.gif
We will be putting one in Jaybr's speed very soon, test rides are allowed!!

haydug

#10 Post by haydug »

Sure!! Maybe he'll put it on the 12 hour bike, that way when he boils the clutch fluid, we can just ride it. Jay, got that bike ready yet?? :confused: