very dissapointed

pdavis

very dissapointed

#1 Post by pdavis »

i went to the Orange Crush GNCC this past weekend to watch and cheer on ATK and cannondale, to my suprise there werent any.
how does ATK expect to sell their cross country quad if they dont have any running the premier cross country circuit, i was told that Jeff is running a desert series this year and wont be running the GNCC.
Polaris stepped up to the plate and is giving Matt Smiley a full ride, in which the promtly made a podiuim finish on in fl.
In the afternoon race the was only one dale and that is all i saw for the dale/ATK
without an ATK presence people will soon forget about these machines and start believing everthing they heard about them (see shootout thread)

:cry: :cry:

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

In all fairness it is not easy to compare Polaris which is a huge company to ATK. They are no where near big enough to compete like that. I do have to say we are a dying breed out there. :cry:

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

If atk would help me out with some travel expenses and a motor upgrade and some plastics for the dale or even cut me a good deal on an atk I would run the gncc curcuit on a atk!smile.gif

CannondaleRider

#4 Post by CannondaleRider »

who wouldn't? smile.gif

jacobw

#5 Post by jacobw »

yeah if they would just redo my motor and give me some plastice and graphics I would be right there:deal: :usa

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

A little contingency would help me out a lot. If they had some sort of program to give a little money, it would draw some attention to them. They wouldn't be losing a lot of money since there aren't that many machines out there. Also, it would be nice to just be able to slap some ATK stickers on a cdale and run it as an ATK. I would do it in a heartbeat.

jacobw

#7 Post by jacobw »

I have contacted frank several times about getting something going in the missouri series hare scrambles but I have not heard anything back yet so I dont know I would gladly turn mine into and atk and run and atk if we had a contingency to entice me I would like to run the gncc but dont have the funds to travel that much:cry:

atkguy

#8 Post by atkguy »

i think its a work in progress just give them some more time.
i'll be getting atk 450 mx this summer and am going to run the entire 2005 gnc series on it as well as a couple tt races. so u will be able to count on 1 atk next season

Motoman440

#9 Post by Motoman440 »

Mr. Flinner himself should be out there but maybe 3 kids have something to do with that. LOL!!! I know that feeling. Doug was very impressive at the Mountaineer last year finishing 6th overall in the morning class (stock), if I remember right and he did it for fun!!! Doug, imagine if you took XC racing seriously!!! I think you would be on the podium more often than not.

pdavis

#10 Post by pdavis »

Derno, i wasnt really comparing ATK to polaris, i know that they are a much larger company, i was kinda making the point of how everyone used to bash the predator and know they are on the podium, there is no reason that atk cant do that, THEY DID IT LAST YEAR with Jeff Stoess, heck they even won a race, i was dissapointed that they made no effort to have someone in a national series like the GNCC when they are trying to sell the type of high end cross county quad,

haydug is VERY fast but has told me that he doesnt really care for hare scrambles, after one lap they are boring, he like the 100' jumps :eek: