Yfz Vs Atk

parks9

YFZ VS ATK

#1 Post by parks9 »

i thought the atk had some 48 horsepower stock? I thought that the YFZ had some 39 or 40 stock? Looks to be about even, besides one more horsepower.

have u guys seen this?http://forums.cannondaler.com/viewtopic.ph...der=asc&start=0

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

I'll let others comment but if it says anything. On Sunday I dragged a YFZ down a huge straight on one lap as well as a 450R on a different lap. The R couldn't hold once I got through 4th but the YFZ stayed pretty close. I ended up pulling him by about 1 length before he let off for the jump. He said he had a 450 piston, cam mod, opened airbox, Sparks exhaust, and a little more.

parks9

#3 Post by parks9 »

u said u beat him by one length but then you said he had to left off for the jump. Maybe you beat him because he had to let off and you didnt let off??? What im wanting to say is that the YFZ and ATK are about the same stock. I bet i get at least one post laughing at what i just said, but its true.

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

The last five vids on this page should answer some question.

http://www.dunereview.com/readersvideos.htm

All quads were modded. Mine is the number 74. There is another Dale. but no number on the plate. It'a an ATK 450 also. I had the dirtbike interanl final drive in these vids. I now have the quad final drive internal gear. I'm at least five quad lenghts faster now.. I out weighed every guy I raced by at least 20lbs and my machine is 20lbs heavier then the YFZ and 450r.. I'd like to se what 40 less lbs would do.. I run heavy Sand Devils, they run lightweight Haulers..

Psychosis

#5 Post by Psychosis »

I meant that he had to let off. It was only wide enought for one quad to really jump safely and I had about a length on him slowly pulling. He then let off to get in behind me. The R never had a chance. I see your point though. I'll leave that to the more knowledgable.

parks9

#6 Post by parks9 »

what do u mean by the more knowledgable???? OH and to people like happyboy, im not trying to start crap i just wanted to show this dyno! lol:D

bombsquad54

#7 Post by bombsquad54 »

parks, you dont wont none! lol

surf2snow1

#8 Post by surf2snow1 »

Remember that when you look at that dyno, one is a stock bike and the other is modded: jetting, openned airbox... I don't really care about the dyno's. It's all about how the bike performs.

cdalepilot

#9 Post by cdalepilot »

parks9, i don't blame you for wanting to hang out at this forum instead of bluetraxx.com but you need to realize that cdales /atk kickass or we would own something else.:drink: :usa

aroracer72

#10 Post by aroracer72 »

Horsepower always isnt the most important thing. Shure HP is important and makes things faster...but mainly you increase HP to increase the amoun of torque your bike puts out.....the more torque the more your quad gets power to the ground. A cannondale and yfz could have exact horsepower...but if either had more torque..then that one would be faster. And a cannondale has a more complete powerband then a yfz......more usable power=faster.
CHAD